Quantcast

Central Coast/805/Bay Area/SoCal/NorCal/Cali: Stolen Demo8

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Hey guys, my Demo8 just got stolen this afternoon. If ya'lls could keep an eye open, that would be freaking rad. It's the first non-ghetto DH bike I've ever owned, and wanted to race pro with it this summer.

It got stolen here in San Luis Obispo, but the police think it'll be in SoCal or NorCal soon.

Specs:
2006 Demo 8 pro, brown, medium, Swinger 4way, ti spring
2005 Fox 40RC2
Silver King headset
Funn FatBoy bars
Odi lock on ruffians
Black Hayes Mag brakes
Holzfeller Howitizer cranks (OCT prototypes)
Gamut P40 chainguide
SRAM hollow link chain
Dura Ace deraillure
XTR shifter
XT cassette
Bright red SDG seat
Wheels:
Specialized front hub/gray 721 rim, black spokes
XT rear hub, rr wheel missing 1 spoke, black and dented 721 rim
Highroller tires.
Uber distinguishing characteristic: Summit Bikes sticker on the top tube. Blown to hell front wheel bearings. Bontrager vibration reducing barends.

If you see it, or have any info, give me a call at (408) 472-0693.

Many THANKS!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Damn, that's awful. Wasn't it painted orange?

I'll keep my eyes open over here, but good luck to you. How'd it get jacked?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Ouch dude, that sucks. I'll keep my eyes open.

Be sure to check Craig's List and eBay, I would think stolen stuff would pop up there before anywhere else.

Good luck recovering.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
It's brown. It got stollen on campus in broad daylight, while I was sitting 50 feet away. The orange one is broken. If anybody sees this thing, I will travel for days hella, ask no questions, cause no harm nor evil. I just wanna race the bike I've worked my ass off to afford over the last year or so.

Thanks guys.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
That's a real shame, that's a really slick quiver of rides mate. Hope you get the demo back.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
damn, i'll keep my eyes open over here. kinda bad question for me to ask in a serious thread, but do those vibration stopping bar ends work?

ScottJensen

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
ill be lookin out here in slo jeff. guy i know kyle's rootbeer bullit got jacked month or so ago too. this is happenin all to much.. ****in thieves

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Sucks dude! There'll be a bunch of eyes on the lookout in SLO. Keep an eye on craigslist--bay area and SB/Socal. Even though stolen bikes are darn hard to find, sometimes they turn up in unexpectedly obvious places.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That sucks... I'll watch for it in SB and Los Olivos.

It might be good for monkeys to print this and keep it with them in case they see it.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Thanks guys. So far no news.

Beave- thanks for the offer. Hopefully it won't come to it, but I still do have the old Orange, cracked frame laying around.

Pat, thanks for the flier, I might even post that up right where it was swiped.

I've never had a bike stolen like this before, I don't even really know what to do. Called the cops and LBS within 10 minutes, and sent the Danimal out to look for it, but so far nothing. Still waiting to hear back from insurance people about any coverage it might have had.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Thanks guys. So far no news.

Beave- thanks for the offer. Hopefully it won't come to it, but I still do have the old Orange, cracked frame laying around.

Pat, thanks for the flier, I might even post that up right where it was swiped.

I've never had a bike stolen like this before, I don't even really know what to do. Called the cops and LBS within 10 minutes, and sent the Danimal out to look for it, but so far nothing. Still waiting to hear back from insurance people about any coverage it might have had.
Sorry to hear man.
Do you have homeowners insurance?
That is what paid for me to replace my old Intense when it got jacked.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Let this be a reminder to all.
Get renters insurance!
Nothing sucks worse than having your ride stolen.....except for knowing you have no cash to replace it.
The insurance is cheap too, mine actually lowered my car insurance premium, awesome deal.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Man that sux...best of luck finding. How the heck did they get it while it was locked 50 feet from you? I would have grabbed the nearest thing I could use for a club and come out swingin'. Smash first, ask questions later....

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Bikenweed - sorry to hear about your Demo man...

You were 50 ft. away, and they still had the balls to jack it in broad daylight?

I hope you find it and have it returned soon bro.

Nov 29, 2006
Before we sent Beaverbiker off to SLO, I had a conversation with my insurance agent. As a fulltime student he was still covered under my homeowners policy, subject to a $1,000.00 deductible. That meant that if his road bike had been stolen then don't waste time filing a claim., because it is only about a $1400 bike. However, if they ripped off his DH I likely would have filed a claim.

Fortunately nothing bad ever happend.

Anyone that is a fulltime student and still claimed on their parents tax return should be covered by the parents homeowners policy. You don't need renters insurance untill you become independent or want a smaller deductible.

If Curtis gives you some of his spare parts may be he will come back home long enough to get the rest of his spare parts out of my garage. He says he doesn't have enough room where he lives now.

Sorry for your loss. We had been victimized weekly for 5 weeks many years ago and it is really painful emotionally. Worse than most people realize.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Hey Wayne, what's happening? It's Jeff. The bike is covered by my parents' homeowners insurance, and the deductible is only $500. I'll probably buy a used DH bike and give the rest back to my parents who have paid for the policy for over 30 years. Has Curt sold his v10 yet?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Hey Wayne, what's happening? It's Jeff. The bike is covered by my parents' homeowners insurance, and the deductible is only $500. I'll probably buy a used DH bike and give the rest back to my parents who have paid for the policy for over 30 years. Has Curt sold his v10 yet?
Dude, make sure you go to a bike shop and get the retail price of every single part that was on your bike. You have pictures for proof.
They will hit it up a little for depreciation, but you should still come out good.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Dude, make sure you go to a bike shop and get the retail price of every single part that was on your bike. You have pictures for proof.
They will hit it up a little for depreciation, but you should still come out good.
Yeah, I don't know if that'll fly, but it's worth a shot.

I had a bike jacked last year and my dad's insurance covered it...too bad he had just upped the deductible and it wasn't worth filing a claim...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Luckily, my bike will be covered by mom and dad's insurance. Two days ago I faxed the insurance co. a receipt for what it would cost, at retail, to build up a comparable Demo8. It'll probably be enough to get a used DH and moto with, with a bunch left over to give to ma and pa, who've had the policy for over 30 years. We'll see how things shape up.

If anyone does see the bike though, let me know and call the police. Not only do I miss the bike I spent three years piecing together, but bike thieves need all the punishment they can get.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
**** luck Jeff. Hope you can get a new whip together ASAP. But if you do find the parasites that knicked it; I reccomend

A:19inches of cold black lovin'

Or

B: Ye auld faithful!