Quantcast

chain guides?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You can't go wrong w/ e13 or Gamut. Gamut are stupid simple (maybe too stupid? :D) and e13 is really high-tech as far as materials/adjustment goes. It sort of depends on what you're looking for.

I would steer clear of MRP/Raceface. They basically just ripped of e13, and you don't want to support a ripoff design do you? ;)

godfather

Chimp
Jul 2, 2009
I run an E*Thirteen SRS+ and an MRP G2. I am happy with both but the SRS+ seems to have slightly better build and engineering. It's also a little quieter. I would lean toward E*Thirteen, awesome company and people to deal with.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
MRP G2, have been using it for a year and its working good. But today I would go with E13 LG1+ for its adjustability, should you need it. Or a Gamut.

Last edited:

Heckled

Chimp
Feb 1, 2006
You can't go wrong w/ e13 or Gamut. Gamut are stupid simple (maybe too stupid? :D) and e13 is really high-tech as far as materials/adjustment goes. It sort of depends on what you're looking for.

I would steer clear of MRP/Raceface. They basically just ripped of e13, and you don't want to support a ripoff design do you? ;)
Don't forget that the e13 (esp. The lg1) could be seen as rip-offs of the goldtec - abit with a better material selection!

E13 ftw though.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
depends on what frame and cranks you got.

my e13 LG1 fit perfectly on my R9 with XT cranks.

just installed a Gamut P30...had to modify a little bit so it would clear chainstay and granny gear mounts. no big deal...but still, something to think about.