Quantcast

Chainguide on M3 frame

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
Anybody have any idea's how to fit a MRP sytem 3 on an Intense M3 frame? I tried it, but the plastic guide plates are way to thick! The chainring touches them!

I run XT Hollowtech II crnaks that fit no problems, but the MRP is a problem!

Should I just get an E-13, or is there a trick to fit it?

Thanks alot!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Christiaan said:
Anybody have any idea's how to fit a MRP sytem 3 on an Intense M3 frame? I tried it, but the plastic guide plates are way to thick! The chainring touches them!

I run XT Hollowtech II crnaks that fit no problems, but the MRP is a problem!

Should I just get an E-13, or is there a trick to fit it?

Thanks alot!
yeah, there is a trick. you need to carefully grind the back of the upper place about 1/16" where it attaches to the boomerang. Then, remove the rollers and flip them so that the narrower lip is on the inside. Then you're good to go. No need to discard them and get something else. It's pretty easy.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Christiaan said:
Look who is talking, you old bastard! Scared of a little rain, why aren't you in Winterberg? You make of sugar? :blah:
he ll be there tomorrow... i m heading there in a few... overnight stealth camp out :)

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
There are a couple of minor mods to make to fit the SRS on the M3, but it should only take 10-15 minutes max. All of the guesswork has been taken out, you can download instructions here -----> http://www.e13components.com/docs/SRS_and_ Intense_M3.pdf

Kovarik, Jonnier and Intense have been running this setup for months and it has been working great. FYI, the new 06 SRS fits the M3 mod free, but it won't be released until after Eurobike.

Hope this helps, if you have any other SRS setup Q's drop Jonas a line at support@e13components.com

Dave