Quantcast

Chainlove: Maxxis Advantage 2.4 Foldable

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not assuming anything... wether they did or not, there were still Maxxis tires failing left and right.
my point is, kenda is about the only brand of tire that will sh*t itself catastrophically regardless of how its setup. any other brand having a major failure would result from a defective rubber or user error.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Maybe you only saw them because you were just catching up to the people on Maxxis tires? God only knows what was going on behind you.
Most of the observations were done at the finish line when people were running their bikes across the line. I remember me and the guy I was sitting with going, "damn, another flat... what tire this time... another Maxxis."

BTW, for you post above... in the mud I run SS only... with El Gatos front and rear.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Did a ride last night in the most wet conditions I can recall riding XC/trail in. Pretty tech trails with lots of slippery off camber rocks/roots (Lynn Woods)....2.1" ADvantages never lost traction once rolling down/up stuff (other than when pedalling hard, out of the saddle up steep rockfaces). I felt like Spiderman. Awesome tires.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did a ride last night in the most wet conditions I can recall riding XC/trail in. Pretty tech trails with lots of slippery off camber rocks/roots (Lynn Woods)....2.1" ADvantages never lost traction once rolling down/up stuff (other than when pedalling hard, out of the saddle up steep rockfaces). I felt like Spiderman. Awesome tires.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My 2.1 Advantage's showed up last night. I'm going to mount up Wifey's today and will get the 2.4 (f) and 2.1 (r) mounted for my DJ once the wheels are built.

Last edited: