Quantcast

Chalk Creek Build/Ride Session - Saturday, March 31st

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

On Saturday, March 31st and Sunday, April 1st RPM is hosting a BUILD and RIDE day to get the tracks at Chalk Creek running tip-top for the Spring Series and the Chalk Creek Stampede! Our plan is to focus mainly on the Original Course and the Slalom Track, but if there’s time we’ll broom down the Extra Crispy Track as well. ALSO – if there are any XC racer types out there that would like to come down and do some XC trail maintenance, and then ride with us at the MX/DS tracks or go out on some killer XC rides in the area, please get a hold of us! I know a few XC riders have approached me about this in the past, so here’s the chance to get it hooked up and get the trails running awesome for the races this year!

SATURDAY:
We will bust an early move and get started at 9:00am, brooming down and watering the Original Course. We will also have a crew working on the new features of the slalom course, and if there’s a bit of time we’ll broom down the Extra Crispy track as well. The plan is to ride once the Original Course is ready after it’s maintenance, with crews switching off riding and working until we get a ton done and everyone is tired from riding and digging.

SATURDAY NIGHT:
Bring food to grill as we will have the grill up at the courses! We’ll get some EZ Ups rocking for some shade action, and we’ll be hanging, riding, and digging until the sun goes down and then rocking out with a bonfire and camping for anyone that wants to stay overnight. The weather is getting good and it’s time to get to riding and having FUN.

SUNDAY:
The plan for Sunday is to work on the start hill and get that in tip-top shape for racing. There’s some changes we’d like to make so be prepared to move some DIRT. Oh yeah, and we’ll probably ride out collective butts off as well, so be prepared for that also.

Get in touch with Keith Darner at (719) 221-1251 or throught he website at www.rpmcycling.org if you wanna come down and help out, and again any XC guys that want to do some XC trail maintenance, we’d love to have you down. Hope to see you guys there!

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
I might be interested in helping with some of the XC maintenance, I also have a few friends that would be probably be interested too.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
what kind of riding is this?

and where is chalk creek?
As FBTMLF said, it's near Buena Vista down Highway 285 about 2 hours or so from the Denver area. In the last few seasons we've built and maintain 2 mountain cross tracks, a dual slalom track, and a few dirt jumps as well as miles and miles of XC trails. The tracks are all on private land and are generally NOT open to the unwashed masses except during races and weekends that the RPM team hosts dig/ride days, one of which is coming up.

For info about the RPM team, our races, and everything else check us out online at www.rpmcycling.org - I just posted MSC race info there this morning, and we also host a couple of races pre-MSC called the Yeti Spring Series. Tons of fun to be had, hopefully we'll see you there!

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Alright, do you need a ride or can you drive?

I need to stop by the dub soon. The new shop looks pretty sweet. Do you work in service or sales?

Jeremiah

ASX_Andy

Chimp
Feb 23, 2007
the 3 OH! 3
I'd probably need a ride..I don't have room for another bike. I'd def pitch some cash for gas.

I work back in service, and yeah, the new shop is really sick

roaddog

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Cloud City, USA
If some of you don't have tools to bring, or have a too small of car. I live just up in Leadville with plenty of shovels and rakes. They fit nicely in my Dodge 2500 Quad Cab.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
^^
That is my problem too. I have a Jeep Cherokee. But the transfer case sounds really bad and I would rather not drive it. So I will be driving my car, which only fits one bike.

Oh well, see you down there.