Quantcast

charcoal

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
How big is the grill? The charcoal will burn for about an hour or so, so you eed enough bags to cover the grill about 3" thick, and replenish it for the durration of the shin-dig.

Also buy the charcoal at Home Depot or other big home improvement place, it's way cheaper than the market will be.

How big is the grill? The charcoal will burn for about an hour or so, so you eed enough bags to cover the grill about 3" thick, and replenish it for the durration of the shin-dig.

Also buy the charcoal at Home Depot or other big home improvement place, it's way cheaper than the market will be.
The grill was pretty big - I'd guess 2ft wide by 4ft long?!

mcadam

Chimp
Aug 4, 2006
I'm "guessing" about five 20# bags, 1 to 2 to get a real good bed of coals going and the remainder to replenish as needed for the 2 or 3 hours of cooking. And yeah H.D or Wally's for the best price. And beer...you'll be tending a hot fire for a while so...beer.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'd get a local store to donate charcoal the event. Get approximately 'a sh1tload' and return whatever is left over.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
If you get a chance to skip 'briquettes' and go for real charcoal, go for it - it's usually harder wood [hickory or maple etc] and burns hotter and longer than the pre-cast bricks...