Quantcast

Charleston SC Riders

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Hey Charleston and Lowcountry riders post up! Let us know who you are and where you like to ride. The local group of freeride, DH, and Dj riders is growing, so maybe we could all do a group trip sometime, possibly 26 West or Clemson. Let me here from you guys.:cheers:

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Charleston rider posting per instruction. :) Very busy with work and family this time of year so riding time is very slim. Did get to slip away to Clemson this past Sunday and had a great time.
I'm more of a cross country / wanna-be freeride/DH kinda guy.

kona-rider

Monkey
Sep 17, 2006
Chapel Hill, NC/Charleston, SC
yo Pete sorry I keep missing your calls. I have been super busy this past week and am headed out of town tomorrow with the family (hopefully I'll get some riding time in). I would love to head up to 26 west again or head to clemson. Just give me a heads up so I can try to get off work or school if it's later on!!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
haha. dude, most of the ridders in SC are in hidding, hate gas prices even more now (because we have to drive anywhere to ride with gravity on our side) or use FRS. haha.. the thing is, you need to call or come ride with me.. OH YEAH! STOP RIDDING DH BIKES IN CHARLESTON!! get a hardtail or AM/FR-lite bike.. haha... I need help on my pump track, and a few other lines I'm going to start cutting behind the house if I can get some help.. wont be killing myself over trails by myself till the fall when its cooll again and less growth..

I know next time I ride with broddy, A- going to have a camera, and B- we're going to have a rotation party (trying 360's)

Last edited:

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
oh, and I might go to Marington if its not hot this weekend.. or I might session behind the house on Saturday morning. dont know yet.. more than likely if not rain, behind the house and clean up some of the trails back there.. start work on that double I never finished, pump track, new drop, new gap, new step down.. FUN FUN FUN!! I hate Charleston :(

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
well, my trip got cancled, but its all good, I'm really getting pumped for Charleston Freeride this fall and winter. I've got a lot of plans for some sick trails and going to film this year documenting it all.. its going to be called, Low Country, freeride at sea level.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Dave, sounds sweet. Let me know your plans so I can give you a hand. You should try to get up to 26west and check it out, pretty cool stuff! Also dont forget about the Paris Mt DH September 21, loads of prizes for everyone. And NC state champs in October at 26west is gonna be a blast!!!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Dave, sounds sweet. Let me know your plans so I can give you a hand. You should try to get up to 26west and check it out, pretty cool stuff! Also dont forget about the Paris Mt DH September 21, loads of prizes for everyone. And NC state champs in October at 26west is gonna be a blast!!!
sure thing man, but PM me your number, my last phone died, so lost all my contacts, but I'm going to talk to Don watts and get some really big plans going.. like real sets of doubles, and maybe a DS course, (very much maybe) and I have some great huck ideas. big smooth drops, flowly stuff, and a couple really fast big booters all over at the pit area.. I'm just waiting for the temp to go down.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
eh, maybe at the pit, but I'm working on mine at the house, not really down for getting stuck dialing in two Pump tracks, what will end up happening, is I'll get a trail crew out for a few hours, people get bored, they leave, things dont get finished, then I'm stuck doing most of the work since I'd be the ring leader.

If there was a solid group of riders who rode on a regular basics, then you get mutual ideas, then you want to work on stuff together, etc. etc. I think you get my point, until then it will be what Don and I work out.

I'll stick to something I can do with heavy machinary and a shovels. so, DS track, but booter, table tops. but I'll give you the 411 as soon as I get with Don on this years trail plans so once we get the ball rolling, you wont be digging where permission wasn't given.

Last edited:

wilbywise

Chimp
Feb 10, 2008
Charleston, SC
I have been on this forum for a few months now, going to school in chucktown for a year now..Clemson is a great Freeride/DS/DH and Cross Country trails park, neither too far from my hometown in Spartanburg.. But are there any sick trails in the area? My roommate and I are always down to ride

Last edited:

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Check your PMs
oh Pete, you know your wife doesn't let you ride when the rest of us normal people are awake! haha.. everyone be on the look out. I'm going to have a build/ride day invite here soon. I'm going to see if we can get a DS corse built this year at Marrington! As soon as this month is over, I'll be out there 1-3 times a week again.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Cool deal Dave, I've kinda been waiting on the overgrowth to die out for the winter so we can see how much room we got. Let us all know when you wanna dig, sounds like we have a few more bodys in the lowcountry now!

boomhower

Chimp
Mar 17, 2008
Goose Creek
the pit could have some sick stepups and stepdowns! all along the telephone posts put bank jumps at each one. lets stop talking about it and start building. its finally cool outside.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
sounds good, lets plan a dig day next Sunday, the 19th.. you guys set the time. No need to talk to Don, you guys talk to me, I'll talk to Marrington, call me your direct connection to trail work freedom.
I already spoke to Don, so we're good for this season again at the Pit and the BMX area. Just make sure for those of you I dont know yet, because we are working on Military property, there are a few rules we have to play by that deal with safety. And not only that, we are working on trails that are open to the public, so things have to flow and have to be built for everyone ( those who can and for those who cant)

If you haven't been out to dig with me before, then make sure you wait till I get to meet you and show you the ropes. I know sometimes I seem to be a bit over protective on new additions that I'm not apart of, but you have to understand that I went up the land manager to get full reign at the "Freeride" areas at Marrington, (i.e. the pit and the BMX area)so if complaints come down involving any new additions (aside of those from the resident MTB crybaby Colin) it could mean the end of building trails for all of us. So again, if your new the Marrington area, and want to build, please refrain from doing so till we get to meet up.

lastly, if say you build something that just doesn't work, and abides to all the wonderful rules the Navy makes us follow, if I get to someones work of art before someone else does (which would be a good thing for everyone, bad for your hard work) I will more than likely take it down.

Pete, if You dont mind, go ahead and start a new thread up for a build day! that might get a few more people out next Sunday. Set a time that works.. .see you all there!! I'll get the combo number for the parks tool box so we can use those also.