Quantcast

chase dual susser

pimpgixxer04

Chimp
Nov 30, 2008
Wichititty KS
hey does anyone remember seeing the pics of the aaron chase fully. with the shox it the toptube. looking for a pic or link to the thread. im trying to win and argument so any help will be apreciated.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Is it just me? I thought that was really cool looking at first, but then I thought about riding it, and... wouldn't the cockpit geometry be all over the place while it's compressing? It's like front suspension on the frame. Ew.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I think it's a concentric BB URT. If you're standing you shouldn't notice anything since the distance from the BB to bars will not change.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
once again cannondale takes the most awkward approach possible at a suspension design
besides the seat moving and top tube potentially making you sterile, its plain hideous

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Yeah, but the seat will push forward during full compression, won't it?
Yes, it should have the same angular displacement as the wheel/axle. I don't think you'd notice since you'd be standing unless you are pinching the seat during compression.

I'm with gackrider. Cannondale seems to create problems to solve so that they can be innovative.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
You guys think it's that bad? It's ugly, but I don't think it's any worse looking than any other full suspension bike. I think almost all fullys are ugly as hell... most don't even look like bikes. At least this one has the frame shape of a normal bike.

Just slap an old school checkered top tube pad on that sucker...

Bad Ronald

Chimp
Jun 30, 2005
Danbury, CT
You kinda have to wonder what Aaron Chase was thinking when he signed off on this thing.
It was his napkin sketch that created this thing. As far as I know, he loves it. Besides that, I don't get how people say it's ugly. The only visible difference between this and his regular hardtail is the headshok action. Seems pretty alright to me!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
It was his napkin sketch that created this thing. As far as I know, he loves it. Besides that, I don't get how people say it's ugly. The only visible difference between this and his regular hardtail is the headshok action. Seems pretty alright to me!
yeah... there was something in DIRT UK or DECLINE interviewing him and he basically built one prototype for himself.... and then got his sponsor interested. seemed like it was definitely his idea.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
so if you manual on it, do your bars squish back, because you're compressing your top tube?

Bad Ronald

Chimp
Jun 30, 2005
Danbury, CT
Well it's a slope style bike. From what he says in his interviews it does the job quite well as it has the same GEO / maneuverability as his hard tail but with 3 inches of squish for softer landings.