Quantcast

Cheap Road Training Tires

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well I have been forced to get a set of training tires for my daily rides. I have been blowing through cash a little too fast lately and when I blew the sidewall out of a nearly new race tire with about 140 miles on it... I decided to take Toninators advise and try some high milage trainers for a change.

Since I was stooping to the gutter I thought I might as well wallow in it and got the ones with wire beads as well. Holy crap they are heavy as hell. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hutchinson Excell 23mm that I bought off of eBay for $29.00 delivered. I'm going to try them out tonight and see whats what. At first glance the contact patch seems more narrow than the Fushion Comps I just blew. On the other hand with a maximun psi of 110 compared to 125 I assume there will be more spread.

Maybe I should think about getting a job - that way blowing out a tire wouldn't be such a :nuts:

:nopity: :nopity: :nopity:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
For training why would you worry about what tire you run...within reason.

Get a high mileage tire and save the chi-chi tires for racing. Get the tool for the job. a durable tire for the miles and a racing tire for the race.

Is it really an issue? :)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
RhinofromWA said:

Get a high mileage tire and save the chi-chi tires for racing. Get the tool for the job. a durable tire for the miles and a racing tire for the race.

coughcough<roadiesnobsitdoes>coughcough

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
RhinofromWA said:

OMG - do you have any idea how hard it is to match a cheap training tire sidewall to your fame / shoes/ helmet / cables / jersey??? I am now running blue sidewalls on a red frame with yellow bar tape and white shoes...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Serial Midget said:
OMG - do you have any idea how hard it is to match a cheap training tire sidewall to your fame / shoes/ helmet / cables / jersey??? I am now running blue sidewalls on a red frame with yellow bar tape and white shoes...
What color is your mask, because you better be wearing one with a kit like that. :nope:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Serial Midget said:
Go stealth black....

it is so hard core. You don't want the manufacturer name on there...they didn't pay you so F'em they aint going on the bike...just paint it flat black and call it good. ;)