Quantcast

"check engine" light

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
The Check Engine light comes on and goes off again randomly in my Subaru, its one of the sensors playing up.
But its been that way for nearly 6 years and it still runs fine, so I dont really care. :)

There's a couple of plugs under the dash you plug together and turn the key on to find out the codes, I did it several times and got 2 different codes! :confused:
Oh well, when it goes into "limp" mode I might fix it, till then pedal to the metal!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
douglas said:
any ideas why after sitting for 2-3 months the check engine light will now stay on?

details: 98 grand cherokee, had to jump start, and it was tough to start, kept stalling - would idle up, I'd let off the gas and then it would stall - I had to keep the revs up for a while to get it to not stall.

thanks for the input everyone

so..............I open/close the gas cap, throw the battery charger on for a few hours, drive it to the store (1/2 mile), 10 min's later start it back up....and the check engine light is off :thumb:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I Are Baboon said:
I don't know if other manufacturers/dealers do this, but Acura used to set my light to go ON once my next scheduled oil change came around. I friggin HATED that. Subaru does not appear to do that.
My Acura ('99 Integra) had both a CEL and a "Maintenance Required" light. The M.R. light would blink when an oil change was due. But the reset button was on the bottom of the dash below the steering column. Just had to reach down and push it. The CEL was something else......