Quantcast

Check out my new DJ video.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
From Canada to Socal, and lots of sick spots in between. Me and my homies had a blast making this video. Just a few heads that are in the vid. Cam Mcaul, Kyle Straight, Taylor Sage, Hacksaw, Peanut, Kidwoo, WCH, Jamie Goldman, Greg Watts, Adam Hauck, Jordie Lunn, Thomas Vanderham, and lots more. Here is the linky.
RogueMTB

Lots of thanks to Deity, Foxshox, RogueMTB, Transition bikes, for keeping me rolling. More thanks to all the builders who break themselves off everyday to make sick trails. You guys rock.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Great vid! The spots look real good. I really like that roller line that one guy manualed the whole way thru and others were transfering in and out of it. And the trails at Woodward West look sick!

The only thing - beware the slow-mo backflip. Slow down one of those nasty trail style whips or that turndown instead :D

But the vid definietly gave me some motivation for digging and riding my spot although it's puking snow right now, arghhh.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That off axis back flip flat spin thing on the hip was worth the slow mo. And the other one was huge, so it's all good. But, I feel where you're coming from, Don... I'm partial to the style on those whips and turndown, as well.

And we all know Rad is the sh!t. :weee:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Oh yeah, that flat spin one was sick. Those Woodward trails are so nice looking and some of those sets look HUGE.

Believe me, great DJ vid for sure. I just saw that backflip slo-mo'd towards the end and was like "Oh no....not again" :D

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Seen it?! I had been riding for years when they made that movie. And read the article about Rad in BMXA about 100 times. Haha, the 80's were something else...
Hahahaha... I was born in '85 so I was a bit after the first wave... but from 10-12 years old, I would force my mom to rent it for me EVERY time we went to the grocery store (which also had a video rental deal oddly enough) The only time we'd be at the store and not rent it was if I already had it at home. I'm 90% sure I was the only person ever to rent the movie because it was ALWAYS there.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Hahahaha... I was born in '85 so I was a bit after the first wave... but from 10-12 years old, I would force my mom to rent it for me EVERY time we went to the grocery store (which also had a video rental deal oddly enough) The only time we'd be at the store and not rent it was if I already had it at home. I'm 90% sure I was the only person ever to rent the movie because it was ALWAYS there.
Haha. That's what I'm talking about. I was the same way, but probably a few years earlier. My parents were soooo sick of that movie.

You know, I read somewhere that after that movie flopped at the theatres, it was one of the top ten rented movies for several years afterwards... thanks to kids like me and you no doubt.

Check out this dude's MySpace (no, it's not mine)....

http://www.myspace.com/cru_jones

Somehow, he got a pic of Cru that's not even in the movie.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Great pic Cru! And funny story coma.

Pretty cool is I bought a DVD copy of Rad! a few months ago. My kids thought it was great and were definitely into watching it. I could see how younger kids in the 80's got so into watching it.

It brought back some memories and I had to pop an old racing tapes in the VCR right afterwards to reminace some more.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Great pic Cru! And funny story coma.

Pretty cool is I bought a DVD copy of Rad! a few months ago. My kids thought it was great and were definitely into watching it. I could see how younger kids in the 80's got so into watching it.

It brought back some memories and I had to pop an old racing tapes in the VCR right afterwards to reminace some more.
I've been out of the BMX scene for a while but have any videos use "Send Me An Angel" yet? I'm thinking YES for the next Rogue video...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Coma - there have been a few Rad scene cuts in BMX ads on Props and stuff. The Bully one comes to mind - at the end of the ad, it shows Bully's logo w/ Dirt - Street - Park - Lumber below it.

I would love to hear "Send Me An Angel" in your next vid tho!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
"Send Me An Angel" would be rad. But, Coma, to tell you the truth... I was a little disappointed that Episode 2 wasn't to hip hop, but that's just me. I'm a funk junkie. :biggrin:

Oooo, oooo... I want to be music coordinater. I have some great ideas...

A downhill video to "Hot Rod Lincoln" the Commander Cody version.

A street vid to "Werewolves of London."

A dirt jump vid to DJ Shadow's "Organ Donor." (maybe that's been done)

A freeride vid to TV On The Radio's "I Was A Lover."

Any vid to “I Need More Time” by The Meters.

Too many ideas, not enough time. :nopity: That's why I love that last song. :thumb:

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
"Send Me An Angel" would be rad. But, Coma, to tell you the truth... I was a little disappointed that Episode 2 wasn't to hip hop, but that's just me. I'm a funk junkie. :biggrin:

Oooo, oooo... I want to be music coordinater. I have some great ideas...

A downhill video to "Hot Rod Lincoln" the Commander Cody version.

A street vid to "Werewolves of London."

A dirt jump vid to DJ Shadow's "Organ Donor." (maybe that's been done)

A freeride vid to TV On The Radio's "I Was A Lover."

Any vid to “I Need More Time” by The Meters.

Too many ideas, not enough time. :nopity: That's why I love that last song. :thumb:
Hahahahaha... talk to Zach! He edits it all himself and picks the tunez! I haven't been disappointed yet though!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
First, the vid: SICK. We have no DJ's in my lovely midwestern world(but I'm working on it it! Check my sig, please!), and I'm not sure I could ride anything there in that vid. Sucks to be me. But geez, I'd sure like to try!
Here's a bit of retro: this was my old "freestyle team"! We did parades and demos and silly shows and stuff. This pic(which is a pic of a pic taken with my phone, scanner's down. Sorry.) was taken for the local newspaper. We were the River City Freestylers! Pretty embarrassing, really. I'm the dork on the right. That's my hot pink and frog green Skyway Street Beat behind me. Thing would be worth a fortune, now! I used to wear a jean jacket with "RAD" written like the movie across the back and a bandanna around my arm. I actually used to tie it around my leg to "keep the chain off." Why did that seem like a problem then, but can't remember it EVER happening since? Sillyness. Loved the 80s! And you guys talk about retro... I saw it in the THEATER! It was the coolest friggin thing: A movie about bikes! Truly unheard of. I sat in the front row shaking. I think I might have even peed myself a little.
I'm 34 now and I STILL love that movie. I think everytime I see an old flatland move, "Break the Ice" pops into my skull...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
why does everyone assume that because I make a smartazz comment it's all hate...can't I just poke fun at people without having to be a sweet innocent girl...I know you also had love for the vid too...
It's all good. It's just hard on forums where you don't know people and can't see them. Usually, these :biggrin: help. And, no, please don't be the sweet innocent girl... that's soooo lame. :plthumbsdown:

And for the record, the vid is straight up rad.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
It's all good. It's just hard on forums where you don't know people and can't see them. Usually, these :biggrin: help. And, no, please don't be the sweet innocent girl... that's soooo lame. :plthumbsdown:

And for the record, the vid is straight up rad.
I've been told my expression smilies are confusing as well...had I actually been hating I woulda just slammed WCH about being a midget in a cockpit...;) :rofl: damn, I spend too much time with guys...

sorry for any confusion...:cupidarrow:
and I did notice the 4 or 5 posts that you did give the vid props...just had to give you shiz for the other ones...even though they weren't at all bad...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I've been told my expression smilies are confusing as well...had I actually been hating I woulda just slammed WCH about being a midget in a cockpit...;) :rofl: damn, I spend too much time with guys...

sorry for any confusion...:cupidarrow:
and I did notice the 4 or 5 posts that you did give the vid props...just had to give you shiz for the other ones...even though they weren't at all bad...
BWAHAHA. I just figured out that you are Zach's lady... things make more sense now. :) At first, I just thought you were some random chick talking sh!t. WCH says you're good peeps. I'm sure we'll meet up and chill one of these days. ZD, I want to roll to hidden with you guys next time you come down.

And, speaking of a midget in a cockpit... you should see him on his new ride... he looks like mini-me rollin around out there. :biggrin: