Quantcast

Checkout my sweet new ride dh-9

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
I finally have a bike now after not having one for almost 5 months. Just came in last wednesday(420 :devil: ). Just need some new pedals. lighter spring which i already ordered and maybe some lighter springs for the slider plus.

Specs are:

Fork- 04 Slider plus w/evolve
Frame- 04 Yeti Dh-9
Headset- Chris King
Wheels- 721 rims on Hadley Hubs
Cranks- Holzfeller
Guide-Evil w/42 tooth
Shifter- X.9
Derailer- X.0
Stem-hussefelt
bar- holzfeller
Post and seat- Yeti ARC and wtb Speed v
brakes-Hayes mag

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
sleepinggiant said:
Is the picture playing tricks on me, or does that bike have a really slack HA?
I dont have anything to measure it but im going to guess the head angle is around 66 degrees. It doesnt really look that slack in the picture though i dont think

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
yeah i was lookin at one with a dorado a while ago but decided i wanted an 04 with a swinger more than one with a dorado. I payed like 2100 for it. I think it was a pretty good deal.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
hey that bike is sick, i just got my fork with the evolve upgrade back and i have the stock springs i weigh 165 with gear and im thinking of switching to the lightest spring and cranking up the air pressure. if you decide to do this with yours post how it worked out.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Curb Hucker said:
theres no way its 64 in the steepest headangle setting and a slider+ on it. Definately doesnt feel a whole 3 degrees steeper than my bighit did. According to yetis geometry on the dh-9 its like 66 in the steepest setting and the slider+ isnt gonna rake it out like a 888r. Do you think a bikeshop would have something to measure the headangle.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
is this some kind of sick joke? thats the slackist head angle I've ever seen! how do you plan to turn on that thing? And come on..... The tires are from two different manufactures.

Just kidding, thats a sick bike, Vodka fuels my sarcasim.

ITS PIMP! ! ! ! ! ! :drool:

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Yeah i cant wait. just wish i was a bit closer. Its only like 6 hours but thats a long way to be begging people to drive you. I rode my friends bighit for the first time today after getting really used to the dh-9 and I finally see the huge difference between the 2. like 1000x better. I think Im gonna have alot easier time now with such a long and slack bike.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
DHracer1067 said:
after getting really used to the dh-9
You've had it for a week and you're used to it already? I've been on mine for a year and I'm still tapping into what the bike has to offer.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
profro said:
You've had it for a week and you're used to it already? I've been on mine for a year and I'm still tapping into what the bike has to offer.
Ok not really used to it. But just comfortable enough on it for it to not feel wierd and be pretty used to it and to hit any of the stuff i would have hit on my bighit. Ive been riding like every spare minute i have to make up for my 5 months of absence from riding.