• Troy Lee Designs descender

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Azonic Z-5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
PS i don't remmeber writing anything negative towards dainese, because thier stuff is top notch.

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So Cal
My vote is for the FLAK JACKET. Rockgardn has the best customer service ever! Their guys over there are really helpfull, and the owner (cat daddy) is super cool. Nothing comes close to how great the flak jaket feels next to the skin, and how much protection it offers. Im saving my money to buy the new 06.

ps: Rockgardn jerseys are the shiznit(thats a good thing)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
ioscope said:
THat would be the z6.
The 06 flak jacket looks like this:

Maybe a bit different, but largely the same.

Those are both the '06 flak jacket. Look at the logo on the kidney belt in both pictures. What is he doing ?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I have a 05 661 pressure suit and it sucks to put it mildly, I am 5'3" 155 and the small is still too big. Arms too long, chest plate moves around. Save the extra money and buy the Dianese. I wasted money on the 661 because I wanted to save money but ended up w/the Dianese anyway. Penny wise, dollar foolish. Besides you can get a Dianese suit for under $300.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
661 makes really good stuff at a good price. it offers more protection than any other body armor. i would definently get the pressure suit if i were you.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
ride_fast said:
661 makes really good stuff at a good price. it offers more protection than any other body armor. i would definently get the pressure suit if i were you.
I totally disagree with that. Wish I took pictures of my bruised chest after the chest plate on my 661 slid over when I slammed into my bars. Thought for sure I broke some ribs lucky it didn't but I did have some deep tissue bruising. For the money the Rockgardn offers better protection but as I said before save the extra money and get a Dianese from the start, holidays are comming it would make a really nice present.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
i find that the presure suit works really well. dianese also lacks a lot of chest protection and has less than the 661. i hurt my chest bad at the deer vally norba and the idaho norba. dianese leg, knee/shins, and arms are not bad but 661 has steped it up and makes awousome stuff.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
The new 661 suit is looking pretty good.

Out of the suits listed, not sure I could say one is truely better than the other. They all have pluses and minuses.

It really is hard to beat the Dainese.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Bobby Peru said:
I bought the 661 just when I first started to ride DH. It felt weird and I have not worn it since. Maybe if I were riding a motorcycle it would be more important to wear. However, with riding a bicycle, it just seems silly and awkward.
the first time i wore my rockgarden was at schwitzer 2years ago and my first run with it on i ejected in that gout waterfall section and landed on my spine on the huge sharp boulder...it actually peirced the plastic...if i didnt have it on i would be paralayzed without a doubt...however, saying that i havent worn it in about a year..cause its pretty hammered and i am faster w/o it..it also dosnt fit around my arms:)...i think it is important to wear and i wanna get a dianasie so ill start wearing it again

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I personally like the better spine protection and the much better fit of the Dianese. If you put the 661 and the Dianese next to each other the 661 goes down further on the chest but the Dianese wraps around on the sides more which I think helps keep it where it should be.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
they have added length to the rockgardn for a better fit for this year. Hey "wydopen" check it out ww.rockgardn.com

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
i got to check out a troy lee designs descender the chest does not look stong at all, it is has no plastic shell. I am going to get a rock gardn or try to find a cheap dainese off ebay or something

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Adam Novatt said:
they have added length to the rockgardn for a better fit for this year. Hey "wydopen" check it out ww.rockgardn.com
i dont really like the mesh material on that jacket...also as much as this dosnt matter i dont like black...id rather have the grey...plus i can get a deal on the dianaese