Quantcast

chicodude to derekbob

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
yo, I helped a friend of mine do the worlds biggest yard sale today, I didnt have time or energy to ride. Ill be busy tomorrow 2. I think Ill be riding tuesday for sure. My schedule is all fubbed up. I ate at JPs this evening, that palce rocks!!! Ill throw you a PM when I find out when Im riding next.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
rode today, and i will prob. go on mon too. i cant say for sure about tuesday, i got to bone up on my trig homework for my final.

Im really bored right now, and im wattching a sweet sixteen game with nevada in it

HELP!

plus, anyone else that want to talk right now, speak up, please

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
I got a serious wine buzz goin on, Im contemplating busting out some video games. I think warcraft3 is callin me!!! Im a geek, I know. Im surprised Im awake, cause I started hauling junk all over the place at 6:30, a particularly ungodly hour for me.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
hey, i just played madden for like an hour and a half, but i have insomnia right now, which is kind of a bummer, cause im riding up honey run road tomorrow. on a roadbike of course, but its like 20 years old

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
That sux, Im tryin my darndest not to fall asleep right now. I do sometimes stay awake really late when I ride, funny how that works. So youre gonna ride up honey run? You gonna descend Niel road? Whats the route u guys got planned out?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
its just me riding, but sin i live at the top of honey run, im just gonna bomb down and climb back up, if i cant find anything better to do.

edit, i did north rim, or at least the first part for the first time, and i must say it kicked my ass.

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
Sounds like one hell of a work out. It still beats dealing with day 2 of the worlds biggest yard sale. Im thinking oroville on tuesday. I got a sweet old school workstand from the yard sale. It only works for hardtalis. I also got a killer framed last supper painting and another sweet french pen and ink framed painting. They sound ghey but they kick ass. I cant believe how much stuff my friend accumulated. Shes the biggest junk collector Ive ever met 10x over.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ah, yes, the fine art of packratry. i gots me some clipless pedals that im still learning how to dismount from, and a cycleops trainer

i was riding down 10 mile and almost got taken out by a tow truck while racing a friend, i won of course, but i ate **** in the parking lot because i couldnt dismount from the pedals fast enough.

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
You have your pedals nice and loose for learning? Clipless are the only way to go for XC. Learning how to use them is a bummer tho. Dam low speed falls can be so humiliating, and painful too. The park is a hard place to learn on, but you need clipless because of all the dam rocks, youre better off clipped in then constantly adjusting on platforms. Use spds on the roadbike to get accustomed to them if you can. Its best to be accustomed to both platforms and clipless because you can get spoiled by clipless pedals, but thats another thread. GL with that anyway:D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
yea, they were nice and loose, but what happened is i poped out to avoid being hit by a car, and clipped in by accident, and lost my balenece and fell, and i started laughin

speaking of that,

i was taking a quick spin on the lower trail, and i saw some guy on a shockwave 9.5 with a shiver dc up front, i think he was lost, he looked like he didnt know how to ride a bike, h was just sitting on the side of the trail parked on top of it

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
anyone riding that bike in the park is either lost or can pedal a big bike like nobodys business. Biggest bike Ive seen in the park is a bighit with a dorado.