Quantcast

Chinchilla farming in the US?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
splat said:
I have seeen those vending machines , right next to Coke Machine and the candy Machine ! that is one stop shopping!

Just make sure you don't stick a dollar in the wrong one or you'll have yourself one nasty snack.

Protein anyone?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ALEXIS_DH said:
the cages have certain design.

gotta put certain kinds of wood chips in the floor, otherwise it stains the chinchillas.

here in south america, from about 100 you´ll start to break even. from 200 you´ll make money.
moff_quigley said:
Yeah...you'll have to kill and skin them yourself. I guess you could kill them like the Chinese kill "racoon dogs"...grab them by the tail and smack them on the ground and bit then skin them alive.
Ack. Too many chinchillas. And that sounds like dirty, hard work too. I'll stick to buying my skins. (Though I don't really work with chinchilla)

As a side note, people really do make good leather. Fairly waterproof too.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
I would. It's so economical.
I'll bet you would be surprised at the number of people's skin you would get that didn't come with brains.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
I'll bet you would be surprised at the number of people's skin you would get that didn't come with brains.
Nice... I was going to make a wallet out of N8 but there wasn't anything to tan him with. :p