Quantcast

Chinese food

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well you probably won't die right away... :p

Chinese food' as prepared in most American/Chinese restaurants, is loaded with fat. However, if you are careful and choose wisely you should be fine. Try Thai food... better tasting and healthier too. :D

monkeywench

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
movin' on...
Nemesis, if you want to try authentic Chinese food (no bobo balls and electric red sauce), go to Chee-Lin in the Brewery Market (Hfx), or Fran's in Dartmouth.
There are two Thai and two excellent Vietnamese restaurants downtown too.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Almost every chinese restaurant has a "steamed foods" section on the menu, which still tastes pretty good(once you get used to it anyway ;) ). I usually get steamed chicken and snow peas if I have to eat chinese.

Ask if they have brown rice instead of white too, which some places have but not all. White rice has been stripped of its nutrients.

Vietnamese is my favorite...so yummy and the meats are barbecued, not fried.

Nemesis2

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
Sackville NS Canada
Originally posted by monkeywench
Nemesis, if you want to try authentic Chinese food (no bobo balls and electric red sauce), go to Chee-Lin in the Brewery Market (Hfx), or Fran's in Dartmouth.
There are two Thai and two excellent Vietnamese restaurants downtown too.

Sounds good.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Just remember 4 star is the best, don't let anyone talk you out of it.
when they ask how many stars I want I usually say " the whole galaxy please"

"oh, four stars is the most we have"

"well, can you give me a double four star then?"

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Originally posted by suga_stie
i agree.. Thai food is way better than chinese ( and i would think slightly better for you)! I often have thai once a week!
That's cuz you've never had real chinese food! All that shopping mall steam table crap can't even be called Chinese food. 90% of the items on the menu can't even be found in China. The only thing those places and Chinese food have in common is the rice.