Quantcast

Chomolungma Challenge @ Snowshoe - Courses Announced

simontac

Chimp
Jul 29, 2010
Hello,

We are heading down for the Chomolungma Challenge in a few weeks.... The course is announced.

Track A: 10 Gallon, Pro DH.

Track B: 10 Gallon, Judi Chop, Ninja Bob, Ball-n- Jack, Poweline.

Weird only two specific tracks, switched at 12 noon. Anyone with ride experiences on these tracks? Can't find much out. Manicured? Natural? Drops? Jumps? Tight & Twisty? Open and Flowy?

Thanks

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Track A is more natural, true DH with a few jumps, rock gardens, some optional drops and steep sections.

Track B is more flowy, jumpy, manicured stuff.

I think Track A is more direct, and if you are a confident downhiller, you should be able to maintain a fast pace on either.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
as mentioned, track A is going to be the faster route down the mountain, has some nasty rock gardens, tons of fun, they also added some new berms/jumps, not exactly sure how pro-dh finishes down the mountain. At race #2 after the pro-dh section to the hip jump they split the elite/am's off to lincoln log and the rock drop under the chair lift, the WW/intro's split left across the ski slope to the "telladega turn (as I heard it called once or twice) which then comes back across the ski hill under the chair and to the bottom.

They paved the rock and root drops right at the bottom of the run and put in a truck load of dirt and smoothed it all out....so much for fun natural downhill stuff.

On the B track I suck with the names, but it's primarily a flowy fast jump line, there are a couple sections that are rocky, but they are mostly point and shoot fast as hell rocky. The bottom portion of powerline can be ridden brakeless by many and you can haul ass.