Quantcast

Chris King is....

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
ya, that thread really went the opposite of what i anticipated.

My whole point is they come out with this front hub that a small amount of people can use, and will buy. Whereas a 135x12 or 135x15 rear would be just as easy to do, and many guys would buy those. I just posted my opinion that i think their R&D should have developed a rear thru hub before a hub for a fork that has been around alot less time than TA rears

Anyways i deleted it because it got out of hand, i didnt want it to come off as bashing or anything, i love King :cool:

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
ya, that thread really went the opposite of what i anticipated.

My whole point is they come out with this front hub that a small amount of people can use, and will buy. Whereas a 135x12 or 135x15 rear would be just as easy to do, and many guys would buy those. I just posted my opinion that i think their R&D should have developed a rear thru hub before a hub for a fork that has been around alot less time than TA rears

Anyways i deleted it because it got out of hand, i didnt want it to come off as bashing or anything, i love King :cool:
the 24mm was an easy switch for them - same shell, bearings, etc as the 20mm. new axle and - wammo - new hub.

A 135x12 would HAVE to live up to the King standard, and not get bashed apart by DH and FR riders. I'm sure they're doing it, and doing it right.

I would suggest giving them a call and voicing your concerns, instead of straight up calling them stupid in public. They have extreme brand loyalty for a reason, so a thread like that won't get very far with this crowd.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Metal
I was about to reply to it, but it was gone.

You were going to comment on why not King was making a set of hubs compatible with old cruisers?

:D

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Umm, maybe you didnt get the whole picture behind a king rear hub.

King rear hubs all have a 19.5mm internal axle in them, that means that you could fit a QR, Funbolts, or a 12 or 15 thru axle because there is room inside the axle to fit it. Making a 12 or 15 kit for the rears woulnt require new bearings, or anything, it would be as simple as the fun bolt kit, just new endcaps on the internal axle.

And i did call King and voice my comcerns, and they told me to buy a different hub for my new frame and keep my front hub from them. Well i dont want anything but my King rear and they wouldnt even give me any tips to drilling out mine, which kind of pissed me off.

So am i going to sell my king stuff and buy something else, or start an actual bashing thread, no. Im gonna suck it up, drill my hub even though i shouldnt have to, and they should have come out with a TA kit by now.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by ViolentVolante

King rear hubs all have a 19.5mm internal axle in them, that means that you could fit a QR, Funbolts, or a 12 or 15 thru axle because there is room inside the axle to fit it. Making a 12 or 15 kit for the rears woulnt require new bearings, or anything, it would be as simple as the fun bolt kit, just new endcaps on the internal axle.

no no no!!! its not that simple! it requires special fairy magic and perfect planet alignment...

and by drill, i hope you meant on a lathe...

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by zedro
in my garage, yes. One of them actually looks like a hammer too....
me too, and when i use the term boring, i mean go find a philips head screw driver the aproximate size i want to bore the hole, and put it ontop of the hole that needs to be bored, then hit the screwdriver with a BFH :D

Softy

Monkey
Apr 22, 2003
Don't call it a come back
CK is in business. IMO CK just doesn't want to ruin their reputation of being reliable. They have standards to keep up. They don't do full on hucking hubs . like Fox doesn't do double clamp dh forks.