Quantcast

Chris King SS disc hubs in PINK

mcl2u2

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
KY
...anyone know where I can find some???? I just bought a Bianchi P.U.S.S. as my new SS and can't wait to build it up, but I'd like to find a set of these hubs. I've never rode a Bianchi. Anybody? Would it be a good idea to run some kind of chain tensioner on the horizonal dropouts? Is it better to bolt-on or QR the rear wheel? I'm not new to SS just horizonal dropout frames.

Thanks for the help

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
mcl2u2 said:
...anyone know where I can find some???? I just bought a Bianchi P.U.S.S. as my new SS and can't wait to build it up, but I'd like to find a set of these hubs. I've never rode a Bianchi. Anybody? Would it be a good idea to run some kind of chain tensioner on the horizonal dropouts? Is it better to bolt-on or QR the rear wheel? I'm not new to SS just horizonal dropout frames.

Thanks for the help
the idea behind horiz drops is so that you dont have to run a tensioner. especially on a bianchi SS.

always better to bolt with this style of dropout as well. only way a QR would work is if your chain allowed you to run your axle all the way forward in the drops and you had an older steel toothed QR. other than that, go with bolts.

as for king pink hubs, i believe only geared ISO hubs were available, and not easy to come by. email king about the possibility of more pink.

trial-sin

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
yeah, they made them in pink but all of the pink hubs were made to order ( i believe) my shop ordered ours (including my s/s disc set) in late september-early october, and they arrived just before i went to ny for the holidays. if you're lucky you may find a used set, but they are still fairly new so i wouldn't hold my breath.

good luck!

mcl2u2

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
KY
slowSSer said:
the idea behind horiz drops is so that you dont have to run a tensioner. especially on a bianchi SS.
I know you don't have to run a chain tensioner like a singulator. I was meaning like a Surly Tuggnutt type of tensioner to keep your wheel from slipping forward.

I've been pricing king hubs and 717s. Sure not a cheap combo. I guess i'll do 'em up all black.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
mcl2u2 said:
I know you don't have to run a chain tensioner like a singulator. I was meaning like a Surly Tuggnutt type of tensioner to keep your wheel from slipping forward.

I've been pricing king hubs and 717s. Sure not a cheap combo. I guess i'll do 'em up all black.
tuggnuts make loads of sense.
best of luck on the hubs- make sure you go with a stainless steel kog, especially before they double in price.

Jan 21, 2002
melbourne, Australia
i think it might be too late on the CK kogs, web cyclery have put their prices up to $42.
you might be lucky with lbs having some in stock but CK have put their prices up! :mumble:
i dont know if this start of a trend for CK to put all their prices up?

mcl2u2

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
KY
I have a stainless steel 16t ck cog I got from Dan's on my 1FG and if I can find a SS rear hub it comes with an 18t. The P.U.S.S. came with chain tensioners, so I'm good on that now. I also just ordered a Reba team for it. Now all i need is my CK SS disc wheelset and I'm set.

mcl2u2

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
KY
I'm good to go. Called everywhere for the rear CK SS disc hub and they are all on backorder. I was talking to one of the salespersons at one place and he was trying to get me to buy a reg CK rear hub. He said he has both and can't really tell a big difference. I asked what color his is. He said black. I asked if he wanted to sell it. He said sure. Now I'm happy.

mcl2u2

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
KY
Yeah, I found that out pretty quick, but I ran upon one and have my bike all together. Thanks for the help everyone.

***If your looking for King Cogs, I was at Dan's the other day and they are closing out their King stuff and they had 4 (3. I bought another) 16t stainless steel cogs left for $23***

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
there is a bike store in brooklyn, NY that has the reg chris king pink hubs , front and rear in stock. i dont believe she has them in SS though but u can call and ask. Ask for patrice 718 - 238 - 1118 tell her George told u to call

bayridgebikes.com