Quantcast

Chris King Steelset

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
My FSA PigPro DH just plain sucks. I need a new headset and I'm looking at the Steelset. I'm checking to see if anyone is using one in a frame that was NOT designed for 1 inch cups. And to get some feedback from others using one for a frame that was designed for 1 inch cups.

I'm sure the reguar Chris King would be fine but I want my steel fork to be matted to a steel headset.

Thanks!

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
You're either going to have to get your headtube milled out, or chop part of the cups off to get the headset in. but once it's in, it's in. that's the last headset you'll ever put in that frame. If you want to go less permanent, I'm running a solid bikes headset on my bmx, it ain't smooth, and it ain't sealed too well, but it's the strongest headset I've ever seen. Hardened steel with tapered roller bearings-GNAR!

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
or try the regular Pig DH (caged ball bearings). I've actually heard of people having better luck with this $25 headset than the $50 Pro model. For that money, it might be worth it to try. Mine's held up for 2 years, which is more than I can say for the majority of the parts on that bike (bars, 3pc chromo cranks, numerous pedals, seats, etc). .