Quantcast

Christmas Eve Boxxer Mystery

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
I made a terrifying discovery yesterday.

I ordered a 2010 Boxxer WC (in black) and it came a month ago. I checked it all out, looked perfect, and then put it away for a while, in the box, high on a shelf in my garage.

Last night the time had come to pull her apart, stick some lube in, and put her on the bike. I pulled it out of the box, still in the plastic, and WHAT THE FLIPPIN HECK HAPPENED TO MY BRAND NEW FORK!!!!!!

All it had done was sit on the shelf! For the love of humanity, please help me solve this mystery!

Check out the pics:

:cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray:

igz-

Monkey
Nov 30, 2008
Santa Cruz
My guess is that plastic bag had a layer of acid that was triggered by the CO2 buildup in your garage and it somehow managed to eat through your precious paint

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
The plastic bag looks weird... is it burned or shreaded?
Any other part of the is damaged? Seals? Upper legs?

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
The plastic was shredded.

And the majority of you are right. I had no idea that a mouse would go for metal. Or paint. Or plastic. I guess they will eat anything.

Now I wouldn't want to be the one to start the rumour that 2010 Boxxer lowers are made out of cheese metal. But I hope in 2011 they make the lowers less tasty.

Luckily the damage is just superficial. They didn't go for the seals or anything. The penalty will still be death though. By mousetrap.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
it's like what happens in moab, riders park their cars for an overnight adventure and return to find wires completely stripped of plastic and a car that won't run:(

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Bummer......D-con those little bastards.

Same thing happened to a wire harnes on my Wife's XC70 = $$$

J

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
looks pretty uniformed to be mice bite marks, but it does look like theres teeth marks on the bottom of the arch.
just sand it down and spray paint it

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
Those little B@stards, we get them eating through cables on weigh scales all the time, they just love chewing on wires :confused:

Just as well I am in the weighing industry :D

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I had squirrels chewing the METAL gas line to my grill, The guy that fixed it says the squirrels like to chew because of how the gas smells. Critters do crazy shlt