Quantcast

***Christmas Eve, GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@jimmydean it's... Just... It broke traction in 4th under full throttle acceleration. That's just a bad situation. Also, I have other cars to pay for and selling it gets Wifey on board with a Porsche once the girls are gone.
jbp will disapprove.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bent a cog on my Eagle Cassette, wasn't a fan so I replaced it with a full 12 speed Shimano setup. Bike no longer sounds like a fork in the garbage disposal. Much smoother, quieter and faster shifting.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Bent a cog on my Eagle Cassette, wasn't a fan so I replaced it with a full 12 speed Shimano setup. Bike no longer sounds like a fork in the garbage disposal. Much smoother, quieter and faster shifting.
I can’t begin to say how much I agree. Shimano nailed it. I might try a hybrid AXS/XTR setup this year just for giggles.

In other news, I did all of the snow-blowing (heh) today, so my mobility has improved greatly. Whispch is something to be thankful for.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can’t begin to say how much I agree. Shimano nailed it. I might try a hybrid AXS/XTR setup this year just for giggles.
I mixed and matched SRAM and Shimano components as I built it up. Everything will work together with the exception of Shimano chain needs a Shimano compatible chainring. However things didn't work really well until it was a full Shimano setup.

I think the real magic is in the cassette and chain.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Absolutely. As to the chainring, others work fine if you run an Eagle masterlink. I agree, it’s all about the chain and cassette, I am interested in trying the AXS shifter and derailluer with the XTR chain and cassette.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Absolutely. As to the chainring, others work fine if you run an Eagle masterlink. I agree, it’s all about the chain and cassette, I am interested in trying the AXS shifter and derailluer with the XTR chain and cassette.

I was running a OneUp narrow wide that did not work with the shimano chain.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got my care package in the Mail from Hymies in Philly just in time. Met up with the fedex guy as he was pulling out of my driveway. Plowed though the smoked herring already. Blintz's for the morning. Brisket for dinner. So much win...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did you try a sram masterlink?
No. The aftermarket narrow/wide ring that came on my bike was too wide. A regular SRAM ring may work. However for now I am reusing the old SRAM masterlink as I wanted to make sure I got the chain length right before I used the SRAM link.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
No. The aftermarket narrow/wide ring that came on my bike was too wide. A regular SRAM ring may work. However for now I am reusing the old SRAM masterlink as I wanted to make sure I got the chain length right before I used the SRAM link.
I briefly ran a SRAM ring with everything else XT (SRAM masterlink) that worked flawlessly for my Colorado trip. Interesting about your ring. Maybe AngryMetalsmith is making the wrong kind of rings.