Quantcast

Chunder DH

rawcan

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
Yep...Another tire tread. Does anyone have any time on the Specialized Chunder DH. Dual compound and tread seems pretty good on paper.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
are those 2bliss as well?? I use a chunder 2.3 (I think dh chunder's are 2.5...) and they work great as all around tubeless tire...and yes, they are wider than Maxxis...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My wife runs the Chunder 2.3 SX version. Its a 1000-1100g 2ply DH tire. They are wearing real quickly. Its the same size as my 2.5 Minions. Great tires.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I do, I love them. Great grip, great roll, last longer than a Maxxis. I run them front and rear
I wouldnt want to make a clown out of myself but last time I heard, they were MADE by Maxxis.

I tried them and they're pretty good, tons of traction. A 2.5 Chunder is just like a 2.5 Maxxis tire.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
I've had a problem with my Chunder.
My front tire slipped on my rim (Mavic EX 325) when I was throwing out my front anchor. The result was a ripped valve and a flat tire.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I ran the 2.3 on the rear for XC riding. It had incredible climbing traction and I loved it until I went with a Stans tubeless kit. The sidewall was way to thin and the folding bead seemed to be made a little to large for the rim so it burped and blew off the rime a lot and it was so a fight to get it to seat in the rim groove even with a tube. Might have just been a defective tire.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I wouldnt want to make a clown out of myself but last time I heard, they were MADE by Maxxis.

I tried them and they're pretty good, tons of traction. A 2.5 Chunder is just like a 2.5 Maxxis tire.
Nope, Kenda actually. the 2.3 chunder is abouts the size of a 2.5 maxxis.

The SX is lighter, the DH is about the same as a Minion. Personally, teh DH, isnt worth it. But I really like teh sx's.

Last edited:

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Specialized tires are made by Hutchinson. I really liked the way chunder SX felt. Not strong enough for real dh tracks, but elsewhere is ok! The lack of weigth is really noticable.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina

They are made by Cheng Shin Tires, the same company that makes Maxxis.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Jeff, the Specialized 2.3 are right on the same size as the 2.5 Michelin and Maxxis Dh tires.
Thanx man. I may have to give'm a try. I 've been looking at the Specialized tires for a while now, but damn they're expensive. Been running Nevegals forever and I'd like to try something new.