Quantcast

Churn and Burn 24 - Ashford, CT

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well 4MAAB have decided on a race for 2006: The Churn and Burn 24 in Ashford, CT September 16 and 17.

Actually, it looks like 3 Monkeys and a Baboon this year. MMcG will be unable to join us. :( So right now it's me, Splat, Dalton Doug, and hopefully Jollytime (no word from him yet).

So who else is in? :)

Oh, it's cheaper than Adrenalin too, so more beer money.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Goddy43 said:
Are you up for a duo?
Splat and I were kicking around the idea if we couldn't get a four man together, but decided we're not ready to try that. We figure we'd have more fun with a four man team. I struggled with four laps at Dalton, so a duo might actually kill me. :p

:thumb: to you and Tigg if you go for it!

Looks like the lap times were very fast at this thing last year (40-45 min), so we're thinking double laps might be in order.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
Sure....what's a little (ok..A LOT!) of pain anyway?!?!?

HA, I was only half serious. I think having more people would give more time to enjoy the event instead of constantly recovering.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Splat and I were kicking around the idea if we couldn't get a four man together, but decided we're not ready to try that. We figure we'd have more fun with a four man team. I struggled with four laps at Dalton, so a duo might actually kill me. :p

:thumb: to you and Tigg if you go for it!

Looks like the lap times were very fast at this thing last year (40-45 min), so we're thinking double laps might be in order.

40?

Tequila Dalton Doug wll be throwing down 30 minite lap times :agree:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Goddy43 said:
HA, I was only half serious. I think having more people would give more time to enjoy the event instead of constantly recovering.
:: phew :: As I breath a collective sigh of relief. :D

And more time to drink beer too!

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Yo, yo, yo!!! I have been absent from the forum for a while and will be going away for the next week and a half (Powder skiing and Slickrock riding in Utah), but booya! How could I not be part of the Monkeys and Baboon team? So, let there be no question. JT is in (I think). What am I volunteering for?

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
I gotta tell ya, I'm not too disappointed about missing out on that Dalton climb this year. :dead:
Did you read the course description?

"Continue on with more winding trails that include the toughest hill climb on the course. This climb has walk, run or ride written all over it."

I wonder if this is similar to the demotivator (I think that was the name at Dalton). This will sound sick but I like the hills...

splat

Nam I am
jollytime said:
Yo, yo, yo!!! I have been absent from the forum for a while and will be going away for the next week and a half (Powder skiing and Slickrock riding in Utah), but booya! How could I not be part of the Monkeys and Baboon team? So, let there be no question. JT is in (I think). What am I volunteering for?
woooo hoooooo JT , makes us complete !

time start training

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
splat said:
woooo hoooooo JT , makes us complete !

time start training
I have been training for a couple of months cause I am doing a triathlon next month.

Hey Splat - Check you PM...

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
splat said:
Tri-atalon ? which one ? the Killington one ?
Naw, actually there was even talk about that one cancelling due to lack of snow. Don't know the ruling though...

This is the UVM Tri. Pool swim, road ride and run...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Goddy43 said:
I wonder if this is similar to the demotivator (I think that was the name at Dalton). This will sound sick but I like the hills...
How about you ride up them and I'll ride down? Fair enough right?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I like the date of this race but a 5 mile course is not something I wanna solo on... the solo winner did like 34 laps last year. Ugh.