Quantcast

Cirque du Soleil

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Have you been?

One of the most incredible shows I have ever been to.

Amazing.

Take the best street performers, gymnasts and acrobats in the world and throw them together to see what they come up with.

Awesome evening.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Seen several different ones. Know someone who knows someone, etc. Really incredible operation. She did recruiting and HR. Interesting stories.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I haven't seen them, but I'd like to.

I'm always impressed with performers who have way more coordination than myself. I bet they don't have to stop walking to zip up their jackets.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Seen them about a half dozen times. Allegria, Qidam, Saltim Banco, and a coupl others that escape me ast the moment

Saw them in both Montreal...(the only place to see it for real...) and in Seattle.

But yeah. Pretty incredible. TO be honest though, I did kind of burn out on it. I saw all those shows within the span of 2 or 3 years, so I did overdose on it a little.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I've seen several of the shows and they are pretty cool. If your woman's gonna make you go to a show, they are a good alternative to seeing Rent or something, these are at least entertaining. Zoomanity in Vegas was fun, anytime you see people chasing others around with dildos, you know some form of entertainment is on the way.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife and I saw Ka at MGM Grand in Vegas. Really cool show. Apparently there is a storyline but I didn't pick up on it at all. I just liked the visuals.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sara is going tonight. I passed on her second ticket. It's cool and all, but the way you hear people carry on about it, I feel guilty going.

I saw the one with the giant trampoline beds and the floating midget woman.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Never been. Heard its great.

A guy I ride trials with - one of his buddies that he rode trials with a ways back is now working for them, as a trials rider!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
There was a guy doing bicycle stunts at our one too. Awesome. Backwards wheelies! Kid's dream.

The show we saw was Saltimbanco. I didn't even realise there was different shows!

I'm drunk. Bye.