Quantcast

Ck?

Oct 14, 2007
mike i get what your saying...but I mean there is no real problem attributed if there is a slight misalignment in the cups

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
mike i get what your saying...but I mean there is no real problem attributed if there is a slight misalignment in the cups
Actually, there is. We have attributed at least three dozen outboard bearing crank system BB failures to this very slight misalignment, as well as a few headset failures. Specially with the BB,s where your putting alot of force into the bearings, with one misaligned, your setting yourself up for premature failure of the bearings. There isnt one brand we have seen it with more than another as far as failure due to not being flush, we have seen it with Shimano, Raceface, Truvativ, FSA, Campy all of them. Alot of that also depends on the rider as well.

The only thing we see on a regular basis that we can blame on brand, is headset creaking, and we have only been getting that with CK headsets. There fix, is a big ass headlock looking device, in which you crush the whole system together and hope for the best. on some bikes, no matter how correctly they are installed they still creak. Everyone bases that its incorrect installation, but how do you explain when we use another system.... ITS TOTALLY GONE....And never comes back. I dont need to know why they do it, all I know is that they do. Seriosusy, its not complicated to install a headset properly. But there are very real reasons why you face and ream headtubes, and BB's. I am not trying to come off at a Know it all, or a CK parts hater, I am just working off expierence with what comes into the shop, and what it has taken to fix the problems.