Quantcast

clash of the titans?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i hate movies that turn out to be two hour music videos.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Red Dawn is being re-made as well. Re-makes = teh suck.
I agree with respect given to the "Batman" and "The Hills Have Eyes" reboots. That was much better.

But, it is as if Hollywood has run out of original ideas and thinks that the originals can't stand up to the test of time or something.....maybe they just need to give the current crop of sh*tty actors and actresses something to do in between TMZ writeups and celebrity fender-benders.

If I see a "Jason and the Argonauts" redux starring Robert Pattison, I'm marching to LA and shooting someone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree with respect given to the "Batman" and "The Hills Have Eyes" reboots. That was much better.

But, it is as if Hollywood has run out of original ideas and thinks that the originals can't stand up to the test of time or something.....maybe they just need to give the current crop of sh*tty actors and actresses something to do in between TMZ writeups and celebrity fender-benders.

If I see a "Jason and the Argonauts" redux starring Robert Pattison, I'm marching to LA and shooting someone.
I'm waiting for someone to ruin I mean re-make Ben Hur.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I also noticed that "The Mechanic" is being remade with Jason Statham and Ben Foster. Besides that no one can supplant Charles Bronson, the original film was so nihilistic (just think about when Bronson and Jan-Michael Vincent witness a girl's attempted suicide, without lifting a finger to stop her or help), I doubt the Hollywood establishment would make such a cynical film.

This is a perfect era for that kind of film, though.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
"I don't want to sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns kick @ss."

+rep to the poster who knows the source.

As for the remake, I'm with a poster above. Why does Hollywood feel the need to remake a movie that was well done in the first place?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
"I don't want to sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns kick @ss."

+rep to the poster who knows the source.

As for the remake, I'm with a poster above. Why does Hollywood feel the need to remake a movie that was well done in the first place?
According to Google it's from Orgazmo.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The trailer looks pretty good! I'm about as easy to please as a 12 year old when it comes to movies though. All I need is a two hour distraction.

Now I've got a hankerin' to watch the original again.