Quantcast

<< Class 3 Death Storm GMT >>

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't snow cold?
yeah, but it's -33°F with the windchill. I'd rather avoid turning skiing into a death-march for the kids if I want to have any chance of ever getting them out again. FWIW, this is xc skiing, so not quite as much fun on its own as DH...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Went for a ride, was awesome (besides the Schwalbe tires trying to kill me). Fox Defend Fire pant is awesome, a little warm on this calm day with just above freezing temps when pushing up a trail, but good while riding. Surprisingly OK fit, seems to have loosened up a bit after washing. This helps with giving my quads a comfy fit.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
yeah, but it's -33°F with the windchill. I'd rather avoid turning skiing into a death-march for the kids if I want to have any chance of ever getting them out again. FWIW, this is xc skiing, so not quite as much fun on its own as DH...
Well, not as fun…but warmer than DH. Plus skiing is always some huge -number for windchill. :).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Currently -20 outside. If I can find my snowpants, maybe I'll go for a ride on the lake and zigzag around the ice fishing huts.

Or maybe I'll just stay inside and be warm.

That edible last night jeebus. Aint going anywhere today.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Currently -20 outside. If I can find my snowpants, maybe I'll go for a ride on the lake and zigzag around the ice fishing huts.

Or maybe I'll just stay inside and be warm.

That edible last night jeebus. Aint going anywhere today.
-20 + windchill + lake = :panic:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Woken up by a tsunami alert entirely too early.

Coat number 3 rolled onto the new front door, goddamn red paint is shit for coverage. Why couldn’t my wife have wanted green?

First soccer practice for the small hooman today, then more house work. Hopefully get a ride in, but that seems increasingly unlikely

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Ended my ride short. Front tire was at 0.037 nano psi. Need to find a better sealant. MucOff not doing its job right now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ended my ride short. Front tire was at 0.037 nano psi. Need to find a better sealant. MucOff not doing its job right now.
Is that sealant rated for low Temps? I think Orange makes some.

I had one friend try tubeless on his fat bike, but could never keep the tires inflated and went back to tubes.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yours looks much larger than mine.

Also I might pick your brain on some things (like roofing materials?) because I literally have no idea what I am doing, at all.
I shopped around for all the glass, spent less than 1k for all 6 windows and the french door. Basic 3 tab comp is all that is needed for the roof, they all have 15-20 year lifespan and can be put down with a hammer and loose nails in a day. Use at least 1/2 for the floor and roof, No OSB, its too cheap these days.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

I had one friend try tubeless on his fat bike, but could never keep the tires inflated and went back to tubes.
What boggles my mind is that the rear is holding air perfectly. Only adding 3-4 pump strokes per week. Front will go flat overnight. Added sealant twice since I've been burping like crazy. Brought the wheel inside, inflated to 15psi and now next to the fireplace... Next step, glitters...? :twitch:

edit: Says -20c on the bottle...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I shopped around for all the glass, spent less than 1k for all 6 windows and the french door. Basic 3 tab comp is all that is needed for the roof, they all have 15-20 year lifespan and can be put down with a hammer and loose nails in a day. Use at least 1/2 for the floor and roof, No OSB, its too cheap these days.
I'm in agreement with all @gonefirefightin is saying, but... I'd put 5/8 at least on the floor. Of course it depends what floor joist spacing you're using.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Argh. Seals and bushings are absolute wrecks. I can't put this back together like this. $100 more bucks to Racetech for the parts.

Sigh, the waiting is the hardest part.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
What boggles my mind is that the rear is holding air perfectly. Only adding 3-4 pump strokes per week. Front will go flat overnight. Added sealant twice since I've been burping like crazy. Brought the wheel inside, inflated to 15psi and now next to the fireplace... Next step, glitters...? :twitch:

That is weird, Muc-Off is for sure the best sealant I’ve used in my experience.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I'm in agreement with all @gonefirefightin is saying, but... I'd put 5/8 at least on the floor. Of course it depends what floor joist spacing you're using.
even with 24 on center 1/2 is fine for a shed or out building. Since sheet goods are still pretty spendy it will work fine. if it was a living space, high traffic area or even a workshop with heavy stuff on the floor I would def go up over 1/2"

Around here the price difference between 1/2 and 5/8 is cray cray.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Orange Peel sub zero hasn't given me any issues thus far in 3+ years I've been using it.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
That is weird, Muc-Off is for sure the best sealant I’ve used in my experience.
I know. It's been great on the summer bike. Stayed liquid all season long, no need to add. Dunno why I can't get this tire to stick.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

That's odd if one is holding air. It must be leaking somewhere.

Time for some soapy water tests? Leaking valve or maybe a tiny nick in the rim tape?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Still sick, thinking a dry climate and cocktails for a few weeks will help.
Bong hits, don't forget those. A little lung expansion should get the blood moving properly.

Currently scabbing together a cutting torch setup so I can hack up my bridge I-beams. 104 - 5/8", 8 - 1 1/2", and 8- 1 1/2 x 3" holes. Looked at mag drills but I don't have the cash for such a tool at this time. Last thing I need is a big oxygen cylinder and I can get to work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a new favorite Indian restaurant. It's takeout only. And it's in an ice cream cone. No I'm not joking. The ice cream place shut down and it's just some Indian couple. And they make curry burritos.

This is the building:

d34ee399-2f23-4cf4-96ba-b0fd4179bbd8.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
1h45m up, 1h30m back.

No complaints other than inoperable lifts that sent us packing around 2pm.

Hit Pepe Osaka's for spicy tuna nachos and fish tacos.

Now tending to old, sore body at home.
Where were you sliding around?