Quantcast

class project HELP!!!!

dhracer309

Chimp
Oct 1, 2008
The dirty 330
Ok so i have to do a project for my english class and it has to have something to do with community service or medical and i dont know wat to do to. I want it to have to do something with mountain biking. it is a group project so it has to be something good so i can convice my partners

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Jesus man, details. What kind of project? Does it have to applicable? Is it just a paper? What grade level? Medical what? There is an entire industry around community medicine. Real interesting ****. I'd suggest the evils of medical research on communities but that is because I am a jaded medical anthropologist.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mountain biking + community service + medical? Good luck with that.

Maybe you can setup a mobile blood drive in which the bloodmobile is a bicycle.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I would go from the trail building angle.....you are building trail as a community service and you could talk about the health benefits of cycling.

<edit> Don't forget to talk about how cycling is a good alternative to drugs

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Mountain biking + community service + medical? Good luck with that.

Maybe you can setup a mobile blood drive in which the bloodmobile is a bicycle.
Oh come on now, you have to think out of the HR box.

Mountain biking programs for homeless: There are several running teams for homeless around the country that build health and self esteem.
Mountain biking programs for at risk youth: Riding plus training on bike mechanics. Health and capacity building.
Mountain biking race/event to benefit some kind of health issue or to raise awareness.

And these aren't even that inventive.

dhracer309

Chimp
Oct 1, 2008
The dirty 330
Ok the details it is a group project there are 3 of us we are in ohio so beaches out of the question. We are all seniors in high school and it is a school project that has to be applicable. the reason it has to be medical is because we are in a medical technical preparation program. For the project we are suppose to find a subject in either the medical field and by medical field i mean anything that has to do with he human body or community service which is a broad range too. i thought about the trail building angle but does anybody know how hard it is to get land for that.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
voulenteer bike patrols through the local neighborhoods

Community Service: Helps local law enforcment and promotes a "good neighbor attitude"
Medical/Health: Gets people exercising. You could even coordinate with a clinic to set up a blood pressure/cholesterol/diabetes exercise program.