Quantcast

Clemson DH ~85% Please look

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
We got a ton of work done this month and are starting to near completion and trying to gather interest. I finally walked the trail this weekend and took pictures of everything thus far.

We are trying to get permissions for our race as of now the proposed dates are April 14th or 21st.

Any feedback is much appreciated! If you would be interested in racing could you also make a post.

Thanks for looking
This course was designed with fun in mind as well as speed, we also tried to incorporate many different styles of riding. So there is a little bit of air but everything is rollable or avoidable at race speed.

Ladies and Gentlemen Clemson Freeride presents Huervos del Tigre.

The start area (not finished but will have a start gate and all and a double at that mound)

small step

the start of scorpion chutes

Walll ride section obviously unfinished, just trying to get some more lumber.

the drop

across the fireroad

step down (missing roller section)

step up finish line

Did a good bit of shuttling this weekend I think times are going to be in the 3 min area.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
i dont know about the HT class.

The old DS course is not raceable, its way to sketch in its current state. Clemson just clear cut a ton of land that we were planning on building a ton more stuff on which will probably include a ds course.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Well that looks fun. I invision fast rippers on thier mountaincross hardtails whipping through it.
Yeah,"NO HORSES" ,ya know that's really for thier own safety too!Can you see Jimbob going over those drops on his stallion!

So-EastMatt

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
Mad props on all the work you guys have put in out there-especially in light of all the stuff you guys have had to put up with in the last couple of weeks. For anyone who hasn't ridden it yet, this trail flows from top to bottom. After seeing the dedication of the guys working on it, it's only going to get better between now and April.

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Doesn't look very steep. Looks like a pedaling course. Will you have different classes or is it all open.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
That course looks like a whole lot of fun.

Just a suggestion, make sure everything is packed and ridden in really well. Its probably because your just building, but some of that looks a little loose. A day full of racers with stupid big tires and its anyones guess as to what it'l look like.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
looks like you guys have put in a ton of man hours.

not to criticise, but you really need to take a chainsaw down through there and get rid of all the extra width of logs that you have sticking out everywhere on the sides of your jumps.

1/
they're going to be a hazard for people who are less than skilled at holding a line while jumping.
trust me on this one, you're going to have every newb from states around riding that trail and skidding and crashing along every section.

2/
anyone who does get off line and clobbers those things, will tear up the jump when they dislodge em.
they hit the first one in line and there goes the leading edge of the jump.

3/
it just looks more professionally built.
and since it sounds like you've already ruffled feathers (x-c jealosy/ horseback riders ?))just by being in there.
you don't want to create more of any eyesore in there eyes than they already think it is.

looks like you'll have a lot of fun this spring and summer.
these suggestions might help you spend more time riding and less time repairing.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
John it looks good. Take in consideration on your race dates that we are planning to have the Paris Mt. Super D race on April 22nd. I don't think having two different races in the same weekend is good. At this time we are only going to have one race now and it will be on the 22nd. The first race that we had planned to put on March 25th is not going to happen. I will post more information in a new post.

Thanks

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
looks like you guys have put in a ton of man hours.

not to criticise, but you really need to take a chainsaw down through there and get rid of all the extra width of logs that you have sticking out everywhere on the sides of your jumps.

1/
they're going to be a hazard for people who are less than skilled at holding a line while jumping.
trust me on this one, you're going to have every newb from states around riding that trail and skidding and crashing along every section.

2/
anyone who does get off line and clobbers those things, will tear up the jump when they dislodge em.
they hit the first one in line and there goes the leading edge of the jump.

3/
it just looks more professionally built.
and since it sounds like you've already ruffled feathers (x-c jealosy/ horseback riders ?))just by being in there.
you don't want to create more of any eyesore in there eyes than they already think it is.

looks like you'll have a lot of fun this spring and summer.
these suggestions might help you spend more time riding and less time repairing.
yeah that is in our plans, our good chain saw was just recently stolen so we are waiting for someone to bring one back from home hopefully very soon.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
John it looks good. Take in consideration on your race dates that we are planning to have the Paris Mt. Super D race on April 22nd. I don't think having two different races in the same weekend is good. At this time we are only going to have one race now and it will be on the 22nd. The first race that we had planned to put on March 25th is not going to happen. I will post more information in a new post.

Thanks
Damn, we were really hoping to gather some attention from the people doing the Tiger Rag, which is also that weekend. I guess we can move back to the 14th.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
we may take you up on that offer. I need to get with my guys and see what times are best. I was thinking about doing a Friday Sunday work weekend rather than friday and sat.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
everything is in the works for april 21st. we are just waiting for one final ok and our flyers and video to be made but other than that its for sure on that date.

Same location different trail.
Yes you can show up and ride

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
everything is in the works for april 21st. we are just waiting for one final ok and our flyers and video to be made but other than that its for sure on that date.

Same location different trail.
Yes you can show up and ride
Matt, you're welcome to use the DH/DS group
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/dh-ds/ to post your flyer and dates on the calender so we can all plan accordingly. And if you're having workdays especially, do an announcement and fire it over there so everyone can know.
Butch

PhettyG

Chimp
Apr 3, 2007
The place looks like alot of fun. I did some racing there a few years back and had a blast. always willing to help with a ds course.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
yeah we are going to start over on the DS course as the university just did some clear cutting.

Some mtn. boarder has been out there trying to groom stuff. There will be a DS course on the collegiate circuit this fall thats all i know.
Whether its the new or old has yet to be decided.