Quantcast

Clemson DH Race this weekend!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So who is coming? I'll be sporting my first new helmet sine '05. Heads up for blue/wihte/red TLD D3If I pass out with it on, it's b/c accidentally got shipped with the medium liner.:weee:

If anybody from Asheville/Hendo needs a ride, drop me a line.

RajunCajunNC

Chimp
Feb 25, 2009
A, A
Charlotte crew will be heading out in the am. Looking to ride sunday in pisgah or something so if that peaks anyones interest find us at the race.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
FYI. Team BGB-Mountain Khakis has donated prizes for the top three finishers in each class from our sponsor Mountain Khakis. We'll also have a small swag toss at the awards presentation.

Last edited:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
FYI. Team BGB-Mountain Khakis has donated prizes for the top three finishers in each class from our sponsor Mountain Khakis. We'll also have a small swag toss at the awards presentation.
Swag toss??? HHHHmmmm looks like I can use my jelly fish net again this year :weee:1aa.jpg

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
One of the best ran Clemson Races in a long time! Timing was spot on and having printed times up before our second run was awesome. Great day on the Hill with everyone that came out. Conditions could have not been better once race time came around. Super tacky.

Once again great job to those that helped put the race on!

Cecil

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
One of the best ran Clemson Races in a long time! Timing was spot on and having printed times up before our second run was awesome. Great day on the Hill with everyone that came out. Conditions could have not been better once race time came around. Super tacky.

Once again great job to those that helped put the race on!

Cecil
+1 I agree, one of the best run DH races I have ever been too! Even the guys at the timing tent let racers ask their times without even a hint of being frustrated with being bugged.
And the weather was totally unpredictable - blue sky's and short sleeve temps and the trail at race time was perfect. I noticed two or three guys going up and down the trail several times with shovels and blowers making sure it was in top shape.
Here's a couple of crappy pics...& vids...( I don't have waterdogs money for a real camera!)Clemson 018.jpgClemson 009.jpgClemson 005.jpg

and a nice whip

Last edited:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
http://www.imagesofmotorsport.com/testrmeast/c373R8907.jpg[/URL]+2. Agreed with Randy and Cecil. All those that were scared away due to the weather the night before, you all missed out. It was nothing like it was in 2011. It was a bit greasy in the morning, but it didn't last. To my total suprise that place dried out real quick and conditions were just about perfect when race runs started.

Hats off to Richard, Garth, and all the crew I don't know first names of (too many to keep straight) for a great event. Pics coming soon. Here's one of Cecil and my wife that I like:

Last edited:

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Thanks for posting the results Jay, I've been looking for them. What a great day it turned out to be after all that rain. Thanks to everyone involved, including the Clemson Freeride Club trail builders who have moved on....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Had a lot of fun on course & glad I came. Foot is throbbing after pushing up so many times (ongoing injury). But real glad I didn't let the weather hold me off. Ate crap on the wall first practice but that was it. Will have to get that camel hump thing next time if it makes it.

I gotta say the best part was that you guys made a great start ramp! Loved that thing. Starting on flat ground always stunk. :D