Quantcast

Clemson Freeride Club has been busy...

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Pics don't always do justice. Are there more stunts to come? Will you let other people ride there? It would be nice to have more places like that to ride.

PeeWees drop.jpg

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
maybe I should have taken a pic to show scale. Im 6'2" and when im standing next to it, its prolly a half a foot over my head. If someone hits this at race speed it will be at least a 15 foot vertical drop and will gap out about 20-25 feet.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
looks good, but at that speed are you actually gonna land on wooden ladder you have? Looks to me like would' land flat if you realy sent it.
Looks like a ton of fun either way

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
looks good, but at that speed are you actually gonna land on wooden ladder you have? Looks to me like would' land flat if you realy sent it.
Looks like a ton of fun either way
the wooden ladder is just there to roll it, and I know its hard to tell from the picture but the drop is actually on a very steep hill

and Im pretty sure ive seen your car on Honda-tech

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
the wooden ladder is just there to roll it, and I know its hard to tell from the picture but the drop is actually on a very steep hill

and Im pretty sure ive seen your car on Honda-tech
ohk awesome looks good:monkeydance:
and the hatch in my avatar isn't mine unfortunately
I have a 96 ek hatch that Im working on though
soon to have a b16a swap:pirate2:

BigClyde

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Greenville, SC
Is the stuff you are building open to all riders or do you have to be a club member?

I just logged back into RM and found what you guys have done. We used to ride Isaqueena back a few years when all we did was cross country. If you are building drops, jumps, wallrides etc. then you deserve some real thanks!

If it is open only to club members what do you have to do to join?

Also, just to make sure, are all the pictures of the stuff you have built back by the old DS and DH section?

Thanks for any help and even if we don't ride thanks for pushing freeride in the area.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Is the stuff you are building open to all riders or do you have to be a club member?

I just logged back into RM and found what you guys have done. We used to ride Isaqueena back a few years when all we did was cross country. If you are building drops, jumps, wallrides etc. then you deserve some real thanks!

Also, just to make sure, are all the pictures of the stuff you have built back by the old DS and DH section?

Thanks for any help and even if we don't ride thanks for pushing freeride in the area.
Well its inevitable that people will ride on the course that arent members, we are just asking that people come out and help build whenever possible and of course monetary donations are always encouraged. We are tryng to get the DH course done right now so we can hold a race and gain some exposure. Hopefully then we will have enough to rent a bobcat and move onto the DJ section and various freeride areas/courses.

We are in talks right now with several pro riders such as Shaums March and Mike Jones to organize a riding clinic out at Isaqueena. We have also been talking to Red Bull in hopes of getting some sponsorship.

Our biggest problem right now is manpower. We can only get so much done on build days when only 6 people show up. We get a lot of interest from locals and students but we just arent getting enough bodies out there. I know this is every trail builders curse, but if people wanna ride they need to come out and pick up a shovel first.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina

I think the club is the ones just building the stunts and putting on a race. You don't have to be a memeber to go ride them. All the stunts are up at the old DH and DS course on the back side.

BigClyde

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Greenville, SC
Could you post work dates or pm me a work date schedule? There are 4 of us, who live in Greenville, who would come down and work a day.

BTW, is the only access point from the parking area near the road that leads down to the damn? In other words, do you have to ride all the way in to get to the course or is there another way?

Thanks for the quick reply.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Could you post work dates or pm me a work date schedule? There are 4 of us, who live in Greenville, who would come down and work a day.

BTW, is the only access point from the parking area near the road that leads down to the damn? In other words, do you have to ride all the way in to get to the course or is there another way?

Thanks for the quick reply.
There is a back way but Matt will have to tell you how.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
There is a back way but Matt will have to tell you how.
We are working far enough down the trail now that it would be more practical to park down near the Lake/Dam. We also have a key which opens most of the gates in the park and we are able to drive down to certain spots.

And when we determine our next work day we will be sure to post. Myself and a couple of the other key members in the club are racing Fontana this weekend so there wont be any building this weekend.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
You will not be able to park in that bottom lake/dam lot until the spring. Unless you go out with someone with a key (myself). I will be working out there probably next weekend, we will make a post when we are going to have a big workday so just keep checking the forum. I would be more than happy to show you how to drive there but verbally telling you how to get there is almost impossible since the gate is closed.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
You will not be able to park in that bottom lake/dam lot until the spring. Unless you go out with someone with a key (myself). I will be working out there probably next weekend, we will make a post when we are going to have a big workday so just keep checking the forum. I would be more than happy to show you how to drive there but verbally telling you how to get there is almost impossible since the gate is closed.
Im gonna be in Clemson next weekend and am more than happy to help out. just pm me w/ where and when.

--Wil.