Quantcast

Clemson Thank You and Feedback + Pictures 56k = no

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Big thanks to everyone who came out this weekend. I would appreciate it very much if you guys could post feedback about the race. So we can improve on the next one.

Also these are all of the photos I have from the bottom of the hill. It looks like good times were had by all. But im sure theres room for improvement.

Thanks again.

Jonathan

i expect this guy to race and reach the podium next time, look out NOAH!

Richard from Morewood

zac flyin high on the beach cruiser

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/clemsonfreeride/IMG_5756.jpg[/IMG
]
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/clemsonfreeride/IMG_5757.jpg

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA

big bikes

travelled all the way from jackonville florida to race with us. Christian youre the man!

timing

GUARD once again thanks for coming out, hopefully we can use your services again in the fall.

halfway crippled

i want this bike

pee wee champions

LaChica

Chimp
Jan 27, 2007
You guys rock!! besides the late start time, I thought it was all good!

I will be 'healed' by the next race. Bring on some more chicas.... I got a lotta learning left to do.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
hahaha next time i'll have to stick around for the after party..... are there any more photographers out there that haven't posted yet? with all those cameras at the wall ride, someone had to have gotten one of me on it!!!! (if there are anymore out there, post your pics in a new thread!!!!!) (or just post the link...)

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
You guys rock!! besides the late start time, I thought it was all good!

I will be 'healed' by the next race. Bring on some more chicas.... I got a lotta learning left to do.
Everyone keeps saying late start time, what time do most of the races start? Or what time would you suggest.

There was a late start to the 2nd run because we were rebuilding the 180 berm after the wall ride.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
First off, as far as the promotion of a race, you guys did a damn good job. Not because it was your first race either, you guys captured what grassroots racing is all about.
I wish we could have local races like that every week to go to.
As far as a suggested starting time for the next one, somewhere around 1:00 would probaly be good. That will give people plenty of practice and still enough time to drive home.
You ask for suggestions and I really do not really have anything as far as race promotion. It went well.
Since you did ask for suggestions, I will give you a couple on the course that would make it even more fun.
On the wooden drop before the bridge, extending the landing down and giving it more of a transition would make the landing smoother for people who are hitting it at race speeds. The roll down ramp would still be there it would just be up and out further, therefore not as steep, and everybody could still ride it.
The only other thing I can think of is it would sweet if the road gap was dirt and had more of a lip on it. If it threw you up more, then the landing could be built up higher which would give it a nice transition as well.
And I sure there are local riders around here that are not at Clemson that would help out on a work day as well, especially after coming out and having so much fun at the race.
Thanks again for putting it on, and I hope you guys do another one this year.

I had too split right after my second run. I was #34, did I get a medal? I came in second (out of two) HA! Just send it to me, or don't.

I had a blast at your race. I really liked seeing all the guys again. The course was really good for what you guys have to work with. I thought the hardest/tech-est part were the switchbacks after the 180 berm. That was hard to ride fast. I kept sliding the rear wheel thru. Not the best way. I need to work on cutties or something.And lose some weight, And get some lungs, and get the SuperBee built.

Brown Santa did bring my fork today, now if I could just get my crankset from Jenson -

That course gave me a ton of ideas for the DH-ish area I have to work with

I hope you guys put another one together soon.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
I gotta agree with jeremy....you guys did a great job promoting, 63 people showing up i thought was pretty damn good. and now that words out about how fun it was, i'd expect more next time........ 1pm should also make for a slightly better start time, that extra hour will make a big difference for most people in getting home..... also agree with jeremy about perhaps making that drop more race friendly. at race speeds, that thing was damn scary. i almost landed on the bridge the first time i hit it.... my only other course suggestion i'd make is build that 180 berm up with alot of dirt, higher than most people would actually ride it, so you don't have to worry about mid-race repair delays.....

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
First off, as far as the promotion of a race, you guys did a damn good job. Not because it was your first race either, you guys captured what grassroots racing is all about.
I wish we could have local races like that every week to go to.
As far as a suggested starting time for the next one, somewhere around 1:00 would probaly be good. That will give people plenty of practice and still enough time to drive home.
You ask for suggestions and I really do not really have anything as far as race promotion. It went well.
Since you did ask for suggestions, I will give you a couple on the course that would make it even more fun.
On the wooden drop before the bridge, extending the landing down and giving it more of a transition would make the landing smoother for people who are hitting it at race speeds. The roll down ramp would still be there it would just be up and out further, therefore not as steep, and everybody could still ride it.
The only other thing I can think of is it would sweet if the road gap was dirt and had more of a lip on it. If it threw you up more, then the landing could be built up higher which would give it a nice transition as well.
And I sure there are local riders around here that are not at Clemson that would help out on a work day as well, especially after coming out and having so much fun at the race.
Thanks again for putting it on, and I hope you guys do another one this year.
Funny story we actually reduced that kicker because it was sending people to far up rather than out. It could definitely use some work, ill add it to the list of things to do.

Yeah that drop needs a little love, i think the drop itself is in the right place but the tranny could use some help.

What do you think about just having an alternate, fast and wide open route around it for the next race and just leaving it out?

jon

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
I'd actually need to be there to look at it to know if what i'm about to suggest makes any sense, but (also not the easiest of fixes) what if you pulled the whole thing back and up the hill further so you could use more of the elevation drop thats now under it as your actual landing? and maybe make it a bit more challenging, say gap up onto it, then have a drop to tranny off the end of it, and put a slower easy line around it for beginners and such.....like a big "s" turn or something.......

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
yeah i see what you are saying. that would definitely work, we just picked that spot because the trees were there providing excellent support. We could just make our own freestanding (anchored) structure further back.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
Ill let it be known that I rode today, didn't jump anything but I rode none the less.
you're a rebel! lol I should find pics of back in 99 when i destroyed my ankle up in NY at Plattekill..... 2 months before my cast was supposed to come off, i some how managed to get a sandel over it and raced :imstupid:

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Hey guys that was the sickest event I have ever been 2. It was fun, fast and well put on. The only thing I would say is that could help is an start time around noon or so. But that is no big deal really. I will w/o a doubt be @ any and all of your races and work days. We will be there on Sunday. So smooth and flowy and sooooo much fun. You cats come to G- Vegas give me a shout and we will ride ( Eastside, SK8 Park or Urban.) Thanks again for the race and the amazing trail!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: :monkeydance:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Since this thread has a pretty fair amount of popularity i figure its a good idea to ask here.

WE NEED DIRT! literally truck loads of dirt, we have more than enough space to dump it. If you know someone or some company that needs to off load fill dirt or the like please send me an email. We are trying to have collegiate nationals at our spot an desperately need the materials to begin work this June.

ride@clemson.edu

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
First off, its not nationals, we have the possibility of holding conference championships. We already have a XC course, DH course, Short track course and we would need to build a comparable DS course in order to get the OK to have the conference championships here at Clemson.

This is a great opportunity to not only bring tremendous exposure to what we have built, but it's also a great opportunity for our riders to showcase our skills, not to mention make a buck.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
First off, its not nationals, we have the possibility of holding conference championships. We already have a XC course, DH course, Short track course and we would need to build a comparable DS course in order to get the OK to have the conference championships here at Clemson.

This is a great opportunity to not only bring tremendous exposure to what we have built, but it's also a great opportunity for our riders to showcase our skills, not to mention make a buck.
You guys could pull that off no problem.
The slalom course you have now is super fun, you would just have to change the bottom up to make it a two lane course to the finish.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
You guys could pull that off no problem.
The slalom course you have now is super fun, you would just have to change the bottom up to make it a two lane course to the finish.
Personally I think the location of the current "slalom" course is maxed out in it's possible potential. I think we need to take advantage of the clear cut area and build one there, even if it is just for one race season.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Personally I think the location of the current "slalom" course is maxed out in it's possible potential. I think we need to take advantage of the clear cut area and build one there, even if it is just for one race season.

(*rubbing chin and nodding) Interesting, never really thought of that:lighten: