Quantcast

Clemson Trails Open this Sunday (2/21)?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Considering there's still a decent amount of snow up here around Ashe-tucky and I have squat to do this weekend, I was contemplating taking a little day trip down to Clemson on Sunday (2/21) to check out the race course. Is the course open for riding right now? In reading the website, I assume it's all hike-a-bike at this point in the season, correct?

If anyone else is interested in riding, post up and let me know. Otherwise, look for me out on the trails Sunday. I'll be the bald guy with the northern accent, and I'll probably be kitt'ed up in some super gnar fluorescent pink and yellow TLD pantsuit, cuz that's just how I roll.

--JP

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
I know they are having a work party this saturday for the race next weekend. Im going to guess they are going to shut the course down till next weekend but i could be wrong

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
I was planning on heading down there this weekend, but can't make it. I will probably leave out on Thursday evening and try to ride all day friday. If you do end up getting out to Clemson before then, let me know of the trail conditions. Last I checked the weather looked pretty good. Knock wood.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
Hey man, come on down. The track is ripping fast right now and pretty much 100% ready for the race.

I think a few of us will be out there riding tomorrow, but I don't know what time yet.

Last edited:

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
I hope to be riding by 930. Hopefully.....my hand is swollen twice its size, from today. Bailing out to avoid a cataclysmic crash with someone. The course is sick though fast as hell. Cant wait to see how everything turned out when I left.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
will there be go-arounds on the gaps? noah will be riding a big hit grom for the first time and it's a little big for him so i doubt he'll be up to smacking a road gap, etc.