Quantcast

Cleveland Rocks .... Supercos *spron warning*

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
With the generous support from RockShox/Avid, Deity and Atomlab, Superco is honored to be part of Ray's demo/rental program this year with the addition of these two bikes to their fleet.

Check Ray's MTB for more info on their demo/rental deal: http://www.raysmtb.com/

Tammy Donahugh at Ray's - 2008

(*Spron = spam + po*n + nsfw precautions.)

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I'll be there if I can. This'll be a good excuse to go.

Anyone know if Ray has nailed down a sponsor that will help him freshen up that bathroom?
Note to self, don't gorge on chicken wings and beer the night before.

jimmy d

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
Berthoud
That's awesome! Being able to go to a place like Ray's and demo one of the nicest frames made with a parts kit to match. No need to worry about those dam airline bike fees anymore!

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I am a big fan of 24" USB and Fallguy designs.... just my take on these bike I got to put some time on both of them last night.

The 24" BB height and chainstay length appear to be exactly the same as the molly... the seat tube and ht angles are much slacker. The TT actually length is the same too. The 24" superco bar height (with 80mm argyle) was only about 10mm higher than my molly (with the low a/c rigid fork). It rides OK and felt pretty light built up I am guessing 27 pounds but it had the skinny krads.

The 26" bike feels awesome and it actually jumps itself. No need to even pull up the bike it just sails into the air and naturally noses down all by itself. You will need less speed with this bike to clear jumps.

The both have 135mm spacing and 10mm axles. I think they have a winner with the 26" but not the 24".

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hey, thanks for checking out the bikes and taking time to drop a few lines with your impressions. It's kind of rare to get experienced feedback on the 24.

Your personal ride must be quite steep with the short rigid fork on there. The 100mm Argyle fork on these 2 bikes is longer than our spec which slackens the angles a bit and raises the bar height. But we're guessing the Satellite feels slack to you mainly because you must be used to a very steep setup.

You are correct it's 27lbs. This is about 2.5 to 3 pounds heavier than most builds. The demo bikes are setup with burly parts in order to withstand the rigors of rental.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Hey, thanks for checking out the bikes and taking time to drop a few lines with your impressions. It's kind of rare to get experienced feedback on the 24.

Your personal ride must be quite steep with the short rigid fork on there. The 100mm Argyle fork on these 2 bikes is longer than our spec which slackens the angles a bit and raises the bar height. But we're guessing the Satellite feels slack to you mainly because you must be used to a very steep setup.

You are correct it's 27lbs. This is about 2.5 to 3 pounds heavier than most builds. The demo bikes are setup with burly parts in order to withstand the rigors of rental.
Ya my ht is very steep but I like that. I rode both again over the weekend. The 26 rides spot on. I have been riding the modern 24" bmx/mtb bikes for years now. I have had an evil DOC and a couple gens of the molly. I have ridden the brooklyn park bike, anson's bike, the fall guy, riots with 24", the mongoose ritual... sheesh alot. Your 24" is actually pretty nice and it feels bigger than a fall guy but smaller than a nem pro but not as good as a molly... good job I am always happy to see more 24" bmx/mtb out there. Your 26" though now that bike is REALLY nice.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Any ladies on this forum? Head on out to Ray's from February 20-22 and throw a leg over one of these demos, or the others that will be there... half price entry!

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
When I went last.. it was some fancy womens XC race goin on and let me tell you... the ladies there were sportin' the spandex suits with priideee ;)

Onto the superco's.. I rode the 26 when I was there... MY GOD. Perfection. I wont even deny it, the thing is so effortless and tight (geo). I loved it...

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
There will be a bunch of SuperCo bikes at Ray's this weekend. If you see one, definitely ask for a test ride!
I'll be back in Cleveland tomorrow night. Planning on riding Sunday morning @ 9 AM. I ride a brown molly with a rigid fork. If you see me say hi my name is Scott.