Quantcast

Clif bar or rectangular piece of crap?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Anyone tried the new Clif Nectar bars? I had a feeling something was wrong when the bar was half the size of a regular Clifbar, yet cost twice as much. Somehow some kind of psycho-nuclear-engineer- migrant fruit picker managed to jam two servings of fruit and a bucket of almonds into this tiny thing.

Looking at the empty wrapper, I'm thinking it wasn't the smartest snack to have before a 2+ hour car trip :help:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Bullitrider said:
I heard a spoonful of peanut butter on a piece of bread will do about the same as most energy bars.
Whole grain bread, natural peanut butter and a little honey goes a long way.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I haven't tried them, but I do love the Luna Bars and I was especially greatful whenever my LBS would give me tons of the half size samples...they are the perfect size for me to eat when I am riding and/or need a snack.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Anyone tried the new Clif Nectar bars? I had a feeling something was wrong when the bar was half the size of a regular Clifbar, yet cost twice as much. Somehow some kind of psycho-nuclear-engineer- migrant fruit picker managed to jam two servings of fruit and a bucket of almonds into this tiny thing.

Looking at the empty wrapper, I'm thinking it wasn't the smartest snack to have before a 2+ hour car trip :help:
Yes it was, now you won't have to go to the B-room for a few days.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
I like Snicker bars, personally. They always taste good on a ride. :thumb:
I like Clif Bars because they don't melt into a lump of mush like a Snickers would on a hot day. And unlike Powerbars, a warm Clif Bar won't stick to the wrapper. I like Clif Bars. I have not tried the new square Poopie Clifs, so I'll have to take BB32's word on that.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
SkaredShtles said:
I like Snicker bars, personally. They always taste good on a ride. :thumb:
Snickers is the OG of energy bars.
Best ever.

Actually, my favorite tasting energy bar is the one Snickers makes.
It's not as good as a regular Snickers of course but then what is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bananas and some PB&J are the best energy food going. Whenever I need to lay down an ass-whooping I eat a banana, for the next 30 minutes I'm indestructible.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got a heap of Power Bar Harvest's on clearence for $.25 each, but you need about a gallon of water to choke one down. Good source of gut bomb though.

I was joking at the last race about the good old days when power bars first came out. Man, those things were nasty!

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Have not tried the new Clifcraps, but do like the originals. Good b/c they don't mealt as quickly as candy and in the winter, won't bust your teeth when it's really cold.

But nothing, not even a snickers bar, is as good as a slim jim. I like a good cow a$$ every now and again.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Amond butter, banana, and honey on whole wheat is great when I happen to have all 4 at the same time.

I like clif products, including the new Clif Shots and Mojo bars. But when I am fully bonked a long way from home there is still nothing better than a coke flattened with gatorade and a big snickers bar. Just make sure you get home before the crash.