Quantcast

cloning & stem cell research

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
With the announcement that a team of SK researchers have made a significant advance toward human cloning & "offering a powerful new tool in the war on disease", would it be too far a stretch that doing research on human life at any stage can be rationalized in the name of the Greater Good, as stated by celebs michael j fox & christoper reeve?

i'd be interested if anyone has opinions which directly map to abortion and/or death penalty.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by ummbikes
The stem cells found in the umbillical cord are being utilized more and more.

READ HERE!

Or, did you want to argue abortion today?:eek: :eek: :eek:
great site - i'll check it.
my wife & i wanted to donate her umb-cord, but they were "all full" or something like that, so i recognize the increased use.

don't want to argue abortion, i was wondering if anyone had an opinion on (among other things related to stem cell research) creating - & therefore farming - human life.

Cloning creeps me out. That whole soul thing it nebulous, at best.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Tenchiro
I need a clone that I can send to work for me so I can go ride all the time. :cool: :thumb:
Yeah, and then that clone will want to go conga dancing so he'll clone himself and the next thing you know, "you" are at work shoving pizza into your CD drive.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by LordOpie
Yeah, and then that clone will want to go conga dancing so he'll clone himself and the next thing you know, "you" are at work shoving pizza into your CD drive.
"she touched my peppie" - doug IV

ok, looks like we just want to show off how many movies we've seen, not how much research we've done (if any).

feh!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by $tinkle
"she touched my peppie" - doug IV

ok, looks like we just want to show off how many movies we've seen, not how much research we've done (if any).

feh!
Doug IV was awesome. "Hey Steve, I'm spitting on bugs!" "They gave me a wallet, I'm gonna put my pizza in it for later." :D

I'll save my hi-jack for another day...

Isn't the cloning they're doing for parts? I mean, they're not actually cloning a full human being, just dna pieces to help cure the donor of whatever ails 'em?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Isn't the cloning they're doing for parts? I mean, they're not actually cloning a full human being, just dna pieces to help cure the donor of whatever ails 'em?
just what we need: more bloomin' aussies!

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
$tinkle, the second quote in your sig bothers me a bit;

"There exist only three beings worthy of respect: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create." --Charles Baudelaire

I find it hard to sympathise with the sentiment expressed therein. What is it about the quote you like?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by fluff

"There exist only three beings worthy of respect: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create." --Charles Baudelaire

I find it hard to sympathise with the sentiment expressed therein. What is it about the quote you like?
the use of infinitives & triple word score.

you no like - you turn off sigs.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
If I had a clone of myself and i had sex with it...would it be asexual or homosexual?

Well, i would do me if i was me either way, for sure.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by BurlySurly
If I had a clone of myself and i had sex with it...would it be asexual or homosexual?

Well, i would do me if i was me either way, for sure.
that would be like having sex with an identical twin, so it's your call

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
that would be like having sex with an identical twin, so it's your call
so, if i cloned my wife, would that be cheating? I guess she could get back at me by cloning me.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by ohio
If I do your clone does that make YOU gay?
I dont think so. Its probably just like when i rub one out while watching myself in the mirror.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by BurlySurly
I dont think so. Its probably just like when i rub one out while watching myself in the mirror.
do you ever pretend you're looking at someone else?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by $tinkle
do you ever pretend you're looking at someone else?
No, but sometimes I pretend I am someone else, and try to imagine how great it would be to sleep with me.

charmin

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by fluff

This quote seems filled with despair. Fluff is cool for asking you why you liked it (instead of saying something negative about it...)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
For what it's worth, this is probably my favorite quote by a French man (excluding some hilarious lines from the movie Slapshot, but that is another thread)

"I should like to see, and this will be the last and most ardent of my desires, I should like to see the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest."
J. Messelier of Paris, dated 1733.