Quantcast

Close Calls

Asuna

Chimp
Apr 13, 2008
Well yesterday I got a really big scare! I was going buy the international border bridge when a transport pulled across the road and went right in front of me I was going about 20 kmh. I pulled the back brake in a scared last minute maneuver and the back end went sideways!The back tire locked up. I quickly hit the front brake and let off the back I stopped just in time to go around the back of the truck!!!!!! I dont know what the truck behind me thought.

It scared me pretty bad. I'm glad I didnt go down because I might have gone under the trailer tires.

:shocked:

tunnelvision

Monkey
Oct 25, 2007
Last night during a group ride a tanker ran a red light and nearly took out half our group. I as in the back and would have witnessed it all. shakes me up thinking about it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
We should just quit riding our bikes. Or wrap ourselves in bubble wrap before heading out.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I actually have lined my helmet with bubble wrap just in case. Of course I had to find one that was a few sizes too big, which is easier said than done with my huge cranium.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Crossing street last night and saw a Maserati out of the corner of my right eye (A rarity even in Scottsdale). Tilted my head to confirm the make of the car and the trophy wife (on the phone) turns right (left) at me and would have t-boned me had I not have used my "outdoor voice" and startled her out of her conversation.

The ambulance chasers would have been lined up around the block at my door...