Quantcast

closing out the season in tahoe

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
this weekend was closing day at n*, but also had the feeling in was one of the last weekends for riding at higher elevation. snow has been coming in every couple of days.

Saturday we hit up the flume trail. It's a ride I only like at the very beginning or end of the season when I don't have to worry about a ton of people on the trail. We did it as a 20 mile out and back. Not technical, but very scenic.

the leaves are a changin

marlette lake

cold and wet slopiness

ben pointing over to our house

pretty views of Jules and I riding along

Sunday we decided to go up for the free hamburgers at Northstar for closing weekend.

It was the busiest day i've ever seen there:

buffy:

snow and wetness.

and Sunday after saying our goodbyes to Northstar and my summer friends I seem to see only at Northstar, we decided to go out and ride our bikes some more that evening.

more snowiness

and jimw on some rocks (ps Jim, I have a bunch more rocky pictures to upload still I'll send you)

getting dark. sun is setting.... time to get to T's for some chicken tacos before heading home.

and now it's time for me to start thinking about the snow. we got a couple of more inches over night.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
you better not be picking on benjamin. do you see that manly beard he has going on? tough stuff. i would not mess w/ him or he might put you in a headlock when he sees you this weekend.

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Chicken tacos from T's? How can you not go w/ the Carnitas burrito? :shocked: Awesome pics. Not sure which I miss more out there, the burritos or the dirt...

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
Mr. Amy is really revealing his white trash nature:
I've been the mtns for too long... I didn't even realize until this week that somehow the Red Sox are now the 'cool' team to be a fan of and the 'Yankees' are the cool team to want to loose.

Don't worry, I'll bring my arsenal of trucker hats to D-ville this weekend. Luckily Amy forgot to post night time pictures of beers, big brim hats, and movie premiers.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Chicken tacos from T's? How can you not go w/ the Carnitas burrito? :shocked: Awesome pics. Not sure which I miss more out there, the burritos or the dirt...
i would take the riding out here over the food.

i miss east coast food more than anything.

but as for T's..... I spice it up. Sometimes I go for the tri-tip sandwich or the chicken burrito or the 1/4 chicken.....

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
awesome pics, tahoe is definitely at the top of my list of places to live once i get out of college.