Quantcast

Cloudcroft Playday Aug.13/14 05

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Sup yall? We are putting together a playday at the cloudcroft ski area on sunday august 14th 2005.. I need to get 60 riders/partiers to go.. We are going to do shuttle runs from cloudcroft to alamogordo on saturday the 13th.. The fee is $20 /person per day.. There is food to buy at the ski area.. We need to make a good showing.. We are hoping to do this once a month next summer.. Please let me know if anyone here is interested.. We have some sick trails there.. The beginner is welcome too, there are trails for all abilities.. :mumble: peace

JDubb

Chimp
Aug 3, 2005
West Texas, El Paso
Is this still going down? Any other good spots ya know of in El Paso. I usually just go to the Franklin State Park trail. I am a newb to mtn bikin, but not to ridin.

JDubb

Chimp
Aug 3, 2005
West Texas, El Paso
Yeah. I have checked out your site. I have been wantin to go check out the trails you guys have out by the lake. I usually just ride with my girlfriend tho. She got me into mountain bikin. I used to race BMX several years ago and I missed riding.

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
You know I'm down for some riding in Cloudcroft. I will have my revenge on that cactus.

JDubb - I haven't been out there yet, but there is supposed to be some good xc stuff off of Redd Rd. There is some riding up in Dona Ana probably a half hour or so away from you. If you are looking to do more freeride stuff, mountaingoat is probably the best guy to talk to.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Is this going to be a full out DH day, bring the big squishy and ride like the dickens sort of deal?

Where is cloud craft? Worth the drive from New Orleans?

JDubb

Chimp
Aug 3, 2005
West Texas, El Paso
butthead said:
You know I'm down for some riding in Cloudcroft. I will have my revenge on that cactus.

JDubb - I haven't been out there yet, but there is supposed to be some good xc stuff off of Redd Rd. There is some riding up in Dona Ana probably a half hour or so away from you. If you are looking to do more freeride stuff, mountaingoat is probably the best guy to talk to.
butthead- I know a bunch of people over in Cruces. I head up there every once in a while, not to mountain bike tho. We are definitely gonna have to get together and ride some trails.

I just hope this goes down. Count me and my girlfriend in mountaingoat.

Tattooo- Cloudcroft, NM is in the mountains just outside Alamogordo , New Mexico. It is beautiful up there. I go camping up there.

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
Tattooo said:
Is this going to be a full out DH day, bring the big squishy and ride like the dickens sort of deal?

Where is cloud craft? Worth the drive from New Orleans?
I haven't ridden any of the trails at the ski resort, but they do have a downhill race there every year that everyone seems to like. The shuttle run starts in Cloudcroft on some nice and fast forest singletrack and ends up on exposed, rocky desert trails in Alamogordo. It's about 18 miles of mostly downhill with about a 4-5 mile climb in the middle. Most of the guys that went last time were on big downhill bikes with one ring up front. If you are going to make it, bring your big bike. You'll be glad you did.

According to Mapquest, that's about an 18 hour drive. If your up for getting some buddies together and doing a road trip, there is some good riding over here.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Its goin down.. One way or the other..Even if we do the shuttle rides.. I will post here latr today too fill yall in.. Thank you..

It is worth the drive Tattooo.. Sicknes abounds.. It wil be as crazy as we want to make it.. Did ya see the silverton photos? Sick!! I was there and WOW!!