Quantcast

cobblestone bikes in chesterfield is closing

timpossible

Chimp
Dec 2, 2005
richmond va
the chester location is closing mid january, it's gonna become a 5 guys burgers.

so yeah. that sucks. because, well, i worked there. now i'm unemployed. happy ****in new year :drool:

timpossible

Chimp
Dec 2, 2005
richmond va
the thought of opening my own shop has come to mind. unfortunately i don't really have anything to invest in it at all. i'm actually thinking of trying substitute teaching.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, at least I got to meet up with a really cool dude! :thumb:

But the fact i met the owner and he gave NO indication whatsoever of any plans, and actually acted as if he was going to expand the services there really put me off a bit.

Rowlett's was my first, and as it would appear, to be the only REAL reliable LBS. You can count on theme for most everything.

Sorry to see them close dude, and sorry to see you out of work.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I just learned a valuable lesson...when finding an LBS, even if they're far, stick with 'em, because when it's more about the bottom line than the sport and customer...then whats the point.

Well, I just ordered my tires online, got 'em cheaper anyway. I knew I could get them cheaper, but I thought that supporting my LBS was kinda important...

Oh well...:rolleyes:

At least me and you can hook up and do some urban and some beers! :thumb:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Sorry to hear about that man. One of the locals at my shop had a good saying. "Whats the point in owning an expensive bike if you dont have a good shop to stand behind it" or something like that.