Quantcast

Code caliper, juicy lever???

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
So i'm happily running juicy sevens at the moment, got them very dialed, goodridged and dangerboyd. Been extremely happy with them and have a special love for my levers. Ive seen rennie and peats v10's running the code caliper with juicy levers, and wondering if anyone has any details on this setup, and if anyone knows if it will be possible to buy a code caliper alone, like i said im stoked on the juicys but still wouldnt mind a little more power for the front brake especially if i can keep my levers and save some cash. Basically i would consider upgrading to a code caliper in front if will it be compatible. will the feel be annoyingly different with a code in front and juicy in back, ive only felt a code on flat ground.

any insight, opinion, lame joke, or whatever would be sweet.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
if im not mistaken sam was runnig ultimate leavers with his code calipers. so i would assume that seven leavers with code calipers would work, but i dont know. sorry im not much help i just figured id throw that little bit of info out there.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
as far as i've heard they're sold complete. IF you wanted to run juicy 7 levers on code calipers you can but you're going to have to buy the code brakes, and sell the levers.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
dude, u can always order only the code caliper as a spare part at ur bike shop...at least i can where i m workin at.
about the question: been thinkin about doing the same thing...If someone could open a code lever and see if the fluid volume displacement is the same as with the juicy levers it should be green light to trying...DW should have access to the info about sam bike right? please tell....pleeeeease

DoubleDown

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
All Juicy and Code lever/master cylinders push the same amount of fluid so all are compatable with each other.

You should be able to have a shop order a Code caliper for you and it will work just fine with your Juicy levers. You will have to get a new line though as the Code caliper use a different hose mounting system (banjo) than all the other Juicy's.

I am currently running Ultimate levers with Code calipers and it is an awesome setup!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
From what I understand from the SRAM seminar, they are interchangeable, but have a different feeling. The juicy's will have less power, but more modulation on the code calipers. They also said everything would be sold complete, and they didn't "recommend" interchanging them but that spare parts would be available.

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
well thanks guys, this has been a really useful thread

think ive found my brake setup for next season, probably buy one code caliper and see how it goes on the front, if i love it maybe ill get a rear too, and maybe ill hate it and end up selling the caliper but who knows, promising enough to risk it.