Quantcast

Code Questions

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Right, but wasn't the problem described as flipping the bike over? Air pressure does not change by flipping a bike over. Its a closed system and shouldn't allow air or fluid out. If you force fluid/air in/out then that's a whole different issue. I think the best way to bleed the brakes is to bleed them, flip the bike, hit the lever, flip the bike back over and re-bleed (hey just my style... heh) g'luck (and I love my codes, 1 bleed since purchase last season)
If it's just from flipping the bike over, then yeah you have air in your reservoir.

I love my Saints even more. 0 bleeds since ever. :)

andy_n

Chimp
Mar 12, 2003
You're going to lose the fastest old dude title!

Congrats on the baby.:clapping:
How did I get dragged into this thread?

I must say that I like the feel of my Shimano's better than the Codes, but that could be due to never bleeding them once after the initial shorting of brake lines. And I got mine about a month after they came out.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Ha! How many races have i seen you at in the last 2 years old man!
5 broken bones in 18 months and you're knocking my attendance record? Sheesh.... And old man? Everytime I give you and the angry man 30 seconds you start prattling on about cantilever brakes and toe straps...

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
How did I get dragged into this thread?

I must say that I like the feel of my Shimano's better than the Codes, but that could be due to never bleeding them once after the initial shorting of brake lines. And I got mine about a month after they came out.
Pfft your not the fastest old dude, or having a baby (you do have pink number plates though, so maybe you really are a woman...). And since I always forget to ask you when I see you, why those number plates?

And the rain saves the day, Dan's perfect record lives on!

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
Bump

Does anyone know if they have done anything to resolve any of the problems with the codes for the new models? I just ordered a set for my new bike and I hope i dont regret it!

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
got the new ones, put on straitline levers, havent bleed them, rode them 4 days on south tyrols steep steep trails. no problems, like them better than the formula the ones that i had before...

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
Does the contact adjuster actually move the pads in and out or does it just do something at the lever end?

Would it be possible to bleed the brakes with the adjusters in, say 2 or 3 turns, so the throw could be controlled better?

At the moment I'm just running mine fully out with one turned in a little so the throw is even. It's still pretty long though, and it seems to change depending on the day of the week...

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
got the new ones, put on straitline levers, havent bleed them, rode them 4 days on south tyrols steep steep trails. no problems, like them better than the formula the ones that i had before...
Wow are you...me? I just got rid of my formula ones for codes and couldn't be happier. Just debating picking up some bling blong gold straitline levers...