Quantcast

Coke vs. Pepsi

Pepsi or Coke?

• Coca-Cola. Accept no substitutes.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I like Coke best, but will accept Pepsi if its all that's available.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Pepsi 4 life, fool.

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Pepsi is better than Coke, but hey, Coke will do in a pinch.

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • What the hell do I care? Cola is cola, dumbass.

Votes: 20 25.0%

• Total voters

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So, this got me thinking in the Champagne thread:

RhinofromWA said:
It is like when I order a "Coke" in a resteraunt and they say they "only have Pepsi, is that OK?"

Shut up and bring me a freaking cola! :)
The correct answer to the question is, "No, I'd rather drink my own warm urine than suffer through a glass of this nasty beverage called Pepsi."

Of course, living down in NC now, where Pepsi originated, I'm in the minority. I will stand strong, though, and I do not accept Pepsi as a substitute for Coke.

Where do you stand?

edit: To clarify, let's go with your application of preference - if you're not a soda drinker, vote based on what you mix with. If you're not a drink mixer, vote based on your drinking preferences. If you're both or neither, well, make up your damn mind you wishy-washy pinky-flaunting tea drinker. :p

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
So, this got me thinking in the Champagne thread:

The correct answer to the question is, "No, I'd rather drink my own warm urine than suffer through a glass of this nasty beverage called Pepsi."

Of course, living down in NC now, where Pepsi originated, I'm in the minority. I will stand strong, though, and I do not accept Pepsi as a substitute for Coke.

Where do you stand?
Both suck... RC is much better if cola is what you must drink... :dead:

However, when mixing a cocktail that requires cola, nothing beats Coca Cola.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm a Coke man. There is a Coca Cola store in Vegas, and wifey and I enjoyed the Coca Cola floats they served there. :drool:

Actually, I only "prefer" Coke, but I don't get all snobby about it like SHUTTLES probably will. :p

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i dig on coke from the fountain. not so much cans or bottles. But i'll get a cup from the fountain and fill it with ice and coke, also i'll put a splash of lemonade in with it. I dont drink it very often, but when i do thats how it goes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
binary visions said:
I take it you have yet to be exposed to the followers of that frosty beverage Sun Drop?

Coke over Pepsi.

Dr Pepper over Coke.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
1) Jolt
2) Hansen's
3) Coke
4) RC
5) Safeway Select
666) Pepsi

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It depends on the region of origin and the specific blend of varietals...:D

Actually the only soda I ever drink is pineapple jaritos at the tacqueria.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
I prefer Dr. Pepper....

This thread needs to specify whether it is intended for a beverage on it's own or as a mixer.

I won't drink either Coke or Pepsi alone, but will accept ONLY Coke as a mixer.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I edited the first post to clarify. Just in case anyone is too lazy to scroll up:

To clarify, let's go with your application of preference - if you're not a soda drinker, vote based on what you mix with. If you're not a drink mixer, vote based on your drinking preferences. If you're both or neither, well, make up your damn mind you wishy-washy pinky-flaunting tea drinker. :p

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
OGRipper said:
the only soda I ever drink is pineapple jaritos at the tacqueria.

pineapple jarritos is good soda. i dig on the jamacia flavor myself.

and if you have lots of taquerias and mercados in your area, look for squirt in the glass bottles, old school style. tastes WAY better than squirt in a can.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
TreeSaw said:
Diet Coke for me and the Diet Coke with Lime totally rocks!
Have you tried the Coke Zero? http://www.cocacolazero.com/ its pretty good. Less aspartame and more acesulfame potassium which, to me, makes it taste about a billion times better than diet.

Pepsi = ass**. Plus our university signed some contract with Pepsi so I became bitter towards them as they weren't allowed to sell Coke on campus.

**though if I am ever forced to choose between the two and they aren't cold, then pepsi somehow manages to taste better.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
SilentJ said:
Have you tried the Coke Zero? http://www.cocacolazero.com/ its pretty good. Less aspartame and more acesulfame potassium which, to me, makes it taste about a billion times better than diet.

Pepsi = ass**. Plus our university signed some contract with Pepsi so I became bitter towards them as they weren't allowed to sell Coke on campus.

**though if I am ever forced to choose between the two and they aren't cold, then pepsi somehow manages to taste better.
coke Zero is pretty Good. The Acesulfame Potassium (AceK) is designed to soften the after taste of the aspartame.

For me the only correct answer is Fresca, either original or Black Cherry.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
in cans
pepsi > coke

in bottles
coke >= pepsi

from the fountain
coke >> pepsi

mixers
coke>> pepsi

RC is the king, but i never see it on sale at the local food shoppe. I usually buy whatevers on sale
$2.50 case >> $3.50 case
no mater what it is
Stock up on one and when it runs out, get the next whatevers on sale
Right now I think we have some Doc Pep, Coke and maybe some sort of Gingered Ale in the fridge.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
SilentJ said:

Haven't tried Coke zero yet, but I am considering it. I have always drank diet coke...my grandfather worked at the bottling company and was diabetic so we never really had regular coke all that much at all. I'll have to give it a try.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, according to this poll, Coke should have 59.58% of the market share, with Pepsi relagated to a mere 14.9%... and the rest being split evenly by you very strange people who have no cola preference.

That is, of course, not the case in the real world or Pepsi wouldn't be as huge as they are. I wonder if this is an issue of geography or if mountain bikers are more inclined to drink Coke?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Just look at what you can mix coke vs pepsi with? You ever heard of jack and pepsi?

Thank god for Coke!

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
If it's just cola I prefer Pepsi, but mix with Coke. Jack/Pepsi tastes like ass.

Favorite soda is A&W, but try finding it here. Asians think it tastes like armpit juice, so I have to buy it blackmarket off the army base.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Well, according to this poll, Coke should have 59.58% of the market share, with Pepsi relagated to a mere 14.9%... and the rest being split evenly by you very strange people who have no cola preference.

That is, of course, not the case in the real world or Pepsi wouldn't be as huge as they are. I wonder if this is an issue of geography or if mountain bikers are more inclined to drink Coke?
It's because people on the :monkey: are generally more intelligent than the population as a whole.

Mack nonwithstanding. :p

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Pepsi sounds fricken ghey for a start. "Oh, let me get a Pepsi" Sounds like code for a damn reach around.

I always liked Coke better, but ever since I got to NZ they have this drink called 'Just Juice Bubbles' (Which Yes, I am aware sounds even gheyer than 'Pepsi' but not by much) which is fricken awesome, especially the tropical variety. It's actual pure fruit juice blends mixed with lemonade 50/50 so the fruit is still a strong taste unlike Lilt or most other 'fruit' flavoured carbonated beverages.

Besides Coke is not exactly good for you.