Quantcast

Colder than a well diggers ass.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mid-30's last night while backpacking. So cold that we decided to hike 4 miles to the beach (1k vertical) to start a bonfire. Got there and couldn't find wood and almost froze. Then we walked back. We stayed warm minus the stopping on the beach part. Yes, there was booze involved.
Got back to the cars and literally after putting the last pack in the trunk it started raining. Hard. Awesome trip.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
28 degrees F this morning at one of our local lakes, surface about a 1/3 frozen.... We went fishing out on the float tubes, we hit the water about a half hour before the sun was up.

Was good, got about half a dozen in the first hour, didnt take any home, its catch and release in the off season.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Is that because the cats suck balls? Or winter break?
realized that i'd be happier finishing out school back at uvm, even if the snowboarding isn't nearly as good. plus i like burlington a bit more than bozeman, it's what's outside of town that drew me here.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I just shuttled my buddies on a local DH trail and it was around 50. Yep...FREEEEZZINNGGG!
JK.

But ya, 26? Come on...I've gone camping at temperatures below zero, 26 seemed like Hawaii during that week.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Bozeman is the chi chi capitol of Montana, you should transfer to Montana Tech and learn to blow up mountains. :)

realized that i'd be happier finishing out school back at uvm, even if the snowboarding isn't nearly as good. plus i like burlington a bit more than bozeman, it's what's outside of town that drew me here.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I still don't get why a well digger's ass would be cold.

A) If he was digging a well by hand, it's probably pretty hard work and he'd be hot digging the well. If anything, I'd think his feet might get cold unless he was wearing rubber boots or something to keep himself dry

B) They probably use machines now anyway

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

A) If he was digging a well by hand, it's probably pretty hard work and he'd be hot digging the well. If anything, I'd think his feet might get cold unless he was wearing rubber boots or something to keep himself dry

B) They probably use machines now anyway
Not only that, but once you get past the frost line it's probably pretty "warm" comparatively in a dirt hole.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
-17 was teh coldest it got last here last year. I don't care to feel more cold than that.
xc skied in -5, that wasn't so bad. excepts my skis wouldn't glide for ****.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Its a line in a Tom Waits song from the 70s...

"And a Wisconsin hiker with a cue-ball head
He's wishing he was home in a Wiscosin bed
But there's fifteen feet of snow in the East
Colder then a welldigger's ass
And it's colder than a welldigger's ass"

Last edited: