Quantcast

College Majors: Construction Management

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Im a senior in High School now and am applying to schools with contruction management programs and was wondering if any one on this forum is a contruction manager or who knows of one. If so, what school did you go to and do you have a engineering degree as well?

Or if any one has any first hand experience with these schools let me know:

ASU
NASU
Michigan State
UW
WWU
Colorado State University

w0ntwan

Chimp
Apr 2, 2004
San Luis Obispo
Look into California Polytechnice State University. Some the best riding in California is in San Luis Obispo, and after you graduates, jobs line up for you. My buddy is CM here and he enjoys it a lot.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Look into California Polytechnice State University. Some the best riding in California is in San Luis Obispo, and after you graduates, jobs line up for you. My buddy is CM here and he enjoys it a lot.
:stupid:
One of my old roommates started off as an architect major, but switched to CM after a couple years. If you have any questions on the major, degree, or job opps, let me know and I'll pass it on. Btw, SLO rocks.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Good buddy of mine started out at WSU (Wash. St.) then transferred to Central Wash. U. Got his CM degree (last year I think...) and now works for one of the larger mechanical engineering/contracting companies in the Seattle area....real cool type stuff. He has great stories. No engineering degree for him though.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Heres what I heard from my redneck neighbor on the subject of constuction site managers with degrees "I hate them damn college boys who come in here and think they know what the hell they're doing on a site, when they havent even worked construction for a nipple hair of a year" Of course, hes an ignorant jackass, so who knows :cheers:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
One of my team mates got his degree in CM and is now a saftey engineer for a huge contracting company. I think he's pulling something like $180k a year if I recall. He works his ass off, but he gets to do some cool ass stuff. Mostly saftey consulting on big oil contract like BP or something.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
One of my team mates got his degree in CM and is now a saftey engineer for a huge contracting company. I think he's pulling something like $180k a year if I recall. He works his ass off, but he gets to do some cool ass stuff. Mostly saftey consulting on big oil contract like BP or something.
Damn, that's a lot of cheese. To be honest, I didn't even know one could major in that. At least you'll probably end up in a cool area....I'm applying for grad school now and most of my choices aren't exactly a good fit for mountain biking...