Quantcast

Colonnade Deadline

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I was talking to Mike the other day and realized there is less than 5 months until the opening day for phase 2: September 6th.

Lots more work to be done, hes working on a "joyride" style drop zone right now. Work parties every Saturday Sunday until opening day, some during the week as well.

Any help would be great

Thanks

-Kim

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been out there working as much as I would like to, BUT I have been busy digging/building all the same!

With the longer days upon us, this would be a great time to drop by after work or after riding locally on the weekends.

Five months can easily be a blur.

May 4, 2005
Bothell, Washington
The progress out there has been amazing... It has been nice to see something being built from the ground up. From the First phase to the Second..All I can say is WOW!!!

Heres a pic from today of some new drops...

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Now if we can just come up with a good landing.....
You're right, FCN, summer with all it's vacations and so forth can go by really quick.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i think it's hard to convey why it's so important to focus whatever energy you can to Colonnade now.

This forum was full of people including myself who would complain over why there was absolutely no legal places to ride that provided challenge. With progress being made at Galbraith and Dry Hill there is starting to be light at the end of the tunnel.

Colonnade is different from Galby and Dry Hill in that the club has a deadline. The resources of the club have to be shut down, this is a process that's involved years, devotion of volunteers, and hundreds of thousands of dollars to create. All that stops and what's done is done when the deadline hits, period.

This park is making waves and helping impact the progression of mountain biking/advocacy/legitimizing the challenging aspects of our sport/recreation. It's critical if you are on the fence about helping, get off and help now. For there really is no tomorrow.

The club and a few people me included will still be around providing maintenance. But the help you lend now is for the build. That's why we always sound so needy, it's because we desperately do need whatever support or help you can give. After it's done, you really won't hear much, except hopefully more projects springing up from the success of Colonnade. Like maybe a real North Shore style trail within a half hour drive of Seattle in the mountains. That's just one of the things that's at stake here....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Landing for the drop, at least the big one is going to be dug down to make it steep. Its bigger than it looks standing from the top.

Jun 18, 2004
I'm learning some good skills there... someday I'm gonna build a killer deck on the back of a house... (but mines gonna have skinnies off of it)

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
For those hitting the 3rd jump line, if you see it needs water feel free to hose it down, parts of it get super dry and turn to dust. The hose comes from the dog park, theres a switch down by the fence.

Thanks

-Kim

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I've got a screw gun, saber saw, etc. Let me know.

Also got a tamper, shovels, and 230lbs of swinging man love

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
There is a work party sunday. All the tools that you need are on site. Mike is in charge of the project, all you have to do is show up and he will put you to work.

Thanks!

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Stopped by today, Joel the roller coaster dude was working with a Bobcat on a stump ride. Also more progress on the learning trail. They were working on the 3rd jump, have gap dialed.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You guys working this week?

Someone PM me an address, wife is on call all weekend, so I could use some dirt digging time.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Work parties every Saturday and Sunday until Sept. 6th. Some weekday parties as well, here is the Calendar:

http://bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?view=all&event_type=W

Mike W. is in charge, but after the Sept 6th the funding runs out and BBTC will be putting there efforts into other projects, such as Duthie Hill.

Here is what we would like to finish before then:

Far South End:
- build a roller so riders can bypass the Schleyer drop
- build some fun TTFs("stunts") on the U-Turn trail on the other side of the Schleyer
drop

Joyride Drops:
- shape the big dirt berm at the end/bottom of the Joyride drops' landing
that turns riders back uphill (preventing a collision with the Schleyer drop
line)

General:
- install warning & safety signs
- inspect wooden structures and secure loose rungs
- spread wood chips to dusty/muddy areas
- Build more awesome drainage solutions with Ben & Tanya

Joel's wooden structure line:
- install roller coaster rungs
- bring in more dirt around and under coaster peaks (to reduce fall zones)

Chuck & Tanya's Waterfall / rock garden:
- build log retaining walls on the sides of the trail

Jump Lines:
- build a log frame for the landing on Kim's Road Gap (just like the
take-off lip log frame)
- build a log frame around the back of the step-up dirt pile (like the
above)
- Turn the last booter on upper/lower line into a table top (flat top, move
landing back)
- make the turfstone berm after the wall ride a little longer.
- tread fix-up: bring in good dirt to fill all turfstones and pack around
the sides, then soak the trail and let it sit.
- re-enforce the Wall Ride structure (add posts where stringers flex, add
supports where posts are sistered together, add supports to rungs)
- finish the Wall Ride structure (cut the rungs into a smooth curved line,
trim the posts and add plywood to the back)

Tim's Tqalu / Learning Trail:
- schleyer drop landing dirt
- build berm after schleyer drop
- dig up all the thorns/weed around the mini-schleyer drop

BobB's Octagon of Death:
- some logs need re-enforcing with more screws and center posts for support

Ben Gregg's Tight Berm Trail:
- shape the entrance: bring in more dirt and bank the turn
- shape the top trail: move dirt from downhill up to first SB -- so gradual
dowhnill into 2nd SB
- then add turfstones
- finish end of pumptrack drain adapter
- steep roller down backside of retaining wall

Phase 1:
- pick up Phase 1 loose rock and move to materials piles
- install turfstones on SBs that are falling apart
- inspect all ladder bridges and secure any loose rungs or boards

So... IF we can get all that done before the 6th we can work on adding more stunts, jumps, and drops were ever we can fit them in.

-Kim