Quantcast

Colonnade Map Poster - Interested in a copy?

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Hey All Colonnade Riders (and all who want to support local mtb trails and parks),

Let me know if you'd be interested in buying a copy of the Colonnade Map poster:

If so, shoot me an email at: mwestra@evergreenMTB.org or Click Here -- and let me know how many you'd like.

We need to invest a significant chunk'o'change up front, so before we do that, we'd like to know if we have enough interest. Let me know what size you'd like and what price is worth it. Initial thoughts on the size are 16"x24" to 24"x36". If we only print a few dozen the price would be around $25-$50. If we print a few hundred, that could drop the price quite a bit. Spread the word to anyone you know who rides the 'Nade.

Any $$ we raise above cost will be used for Colonnade maintenance and improvements. High on the list are:
  1. Re-build the box-car landing -- new berm and wall ride. The current one requires most riders to brake.
  2. Fix the car wreck damage to the top of "The Offramp" trail. A car overshot the Lakeview exit and piled into those big cottonwoods. The big log teeter and log ride were spared, but the trail above the pumptrack built by Mike Gore and his Eagle Scout team needs to be re-built.
  3. Improve the landing berm for the 3 small drops in the "Cluster Huck" drop zone.
  4. Tell us what improvements you'd like to see.

Note: these improvements are above and beyond the drainage and trail tread improvement project -- we're trying to get funding for that from the city's dept of neighborhoods NMF program -- we should get an answer on that in the next week or so.

Thanks,
Mike

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Hell yeah! Sign me up for a poster. This poster and the rad Evergreen poster just made are going to be put on my work bench surface and covered with clear epoxy to make the most badass workbench in history. This idea would also make a killer retail counter for local shops.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Turning that berm/wood fence after the box car into a berm to wood wall ride would be great.

If we ever got the funds to put a wall ride on top of the berm for the big side of cluster huck, that would be super great, but I am not holding my breath, most of my focus is on Duthie now.

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Hey Mike, I would be more than happy to put some labor toward any fixes needed, especially wood work.....you just need to bring the 'other' Wheaten.

Count me in on a poster as well...it would be kind of nice to have a framed version at home.

Do you have your hands in Dulthy as well or are you taking a little break from playing in the mud?

Got any local contacts in the embedded systems world???

David & Hadley

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Hey all, Thanks for the input. I'll keep you posted on what we end up with (size, final price, how to get one, etc).

...and keep the input on desired Colonnade improvements coming!

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Hey all, Thanks for the input. I'll keep you posted on what we end up with (size, final price, how to get one, etc).

...and keep the input on desired Colonnade improvements coming!
With all the refurb work on I-5 over the next 15 months, you think WashDOT is going to fix the leaks in the expansion joints? That would be nice, really nice.