Quantcast

Colorado 2006/2007 Indoor Race Series

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I saw this posted over at the MTBR forums, figured I repost here and let people know what's up:

We are really excited that it all came together. This should be a huge weekend!!!

Thursday evening PJ will man the loader and begin work on the David Herman designed track. We'll be back Friday morning at 8 AM and work all day. We need as many people that came come out to spend any amount of time you may have available to do the fine tuning.

Concessions available. Sandwiches, pretzels, nachos, snacks, water & assorted beverages for an affordable cost. Please keep food & drinks you bring in low profile. I really don't think its going to be an issue but technically they are the only ones who can supply the food in the building.

So its all in one spot here's all the race and hotel info for Nov 10th-12th:

Friday races: Registration 6:30 to 7:45 PM, racing ASAP. $10 entry fee - ribbons and points
Saturday races: Registration 12:00 to 1:30 PM, racing ASAP. $15 entry fee - trophies and points
Sunday races: Registration 8:00 to 9:00 AM, racing ASAP. $15 entry fee - trophies and point

All 3 days we'll feature these opens:

13 & under
Girls
Old guys
Mountain Bike
Pro-Am

David Herman, Patrick DiPentino, Ashley Grubb clinic Saturday morning, November 11th. 9AM - Noon. $20 cost.

Here's the address & driving directions (from Denver):

Norris-Penrose Event Center
1045 West Rio Grande St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

I-25 to exit 141 US Hwy 24/Cimarron St. (the exit makes a U) at the end of the ramp turn left (from the left lane of the double left turn lanes), go aprox 1/4 mi. to first stop light which is 8th St. and turn left. Go .4 miles to Rio Grande St. (it's the 2nd stop light) and turn right. Go aprox 1/4 mile & turn left into Penrose. You'll see the indoor arena on your left. You have to go around a circle drive to get over to it.
If you're coming up from the south it's also a left turn at the end of the exit 141 ramp.

For more information, and maps, go to track website: www.pikespeakbmx.com

Pre-registration may be done on the track hotline (719)235-3670. Please provide rider name, ABA number, plate number, age, class, sponsor information, and what days you want to pre-register for.

Our race dates at Norris-Penrose for the winter are: November 10-12,
December 8-10, January 12-14 and 26-28, February 9-11, and March 9-11. They
will follow the same schedule as the November race. Some race dates in 07’
will include state & regional championships, TBA soon.

Hotels:

Silverwood Hotel
505 Popes Bluff Trail (Take Garden of the Gods exit west 1 block to Hilton Pkwy & turn right to "T" and turn right to hotel)
Colo. Spgs 80907
Phone: 719-598-7656

Ask for Pikes Peak BMX rate: $69 includes a free hot cook to order breakfast & free cocktails from 5:30 to 7:30 PM

Preferred Rates include:
• 195 oversized guest rooms plus 4 oversized hospitality parlors
• FREE Full Cooked to Order Breakfast Daily
• FREE Two Hour Managers Nightly Cocktail Reception
• FREE High Speed Internet Access in guest rooms
• An onsite exercise facility
• Onsite business center
• Outdoor heated pool with a patio area and Jacuzzi
• All rooms have coffee makers, hair dryers, ironing boards & irons.
• Most rooms have a microwave & refrigerator
• Onsite restaurant The Bucking Toad Saloon

Also, a little closer to the track:

Clarion Inn - Bijou exit off I-25. you'll see it on the right at the end of the ramp (if your driving south on I-25). If driving up from Pueblo go left at end of ramp.
Phone: 719-471-8680 or 800-477-8610

Their Pikes Peak BMX rate is $65 per night & includes a free hot breakfast buffet. They also have a full service restaurant

Charlie Mandry

PS: If anyone has any questions please call