Quantcast

Come ski Colorado, Toshi's mountain house edition

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
extended monkey-family,

although I've offered in the past the only people who have taken me up on staying at my house have been @stoney and Haley one weekend before all the renovation business, iirc. anyway, this is an open invitation to the collective group for the '24-'25 season to come ski non-Vail properties +/- hang out with my family.

IMG_1236.JPEG

view of Winter Park Resort while driving from the house to there across the notoriously frigid Fraser Flats

specifics:

the house is in Tabernash so the main point is to ski Winter Park. one could alternately go to Ski Granby Ranch the other way, or hike up local hills in the vicinity or so I'm told. get an Ikon Pass, in other words. this would be nearly-gratis: if you could kick me a flat $100 to offset the ever-rising cleaning fee that'd be great so that I don't lose money for my hospitality.

when my family is up there (which is basically all of the weekends in the below blocks) free beds/bedrooms are: 1 King; 1 Queen; 1 Queen; 4/6 twin bunk room spots if you have child-sized humans who would tolerate being around my two smaller child-sized humans.

full kitchen + a kitchenette and burr grinders + French presses for civilized people who don't drink Diet Coke all the time like me. lots of restaurants in Fraser and Winter Park, one nice but expensive restaurant a quarter mile away right in Tabernash, and groceries at the Safeway in Fraser.

Internet access is slow DSL but it exists, and there may or may not be a hot tub on the deck by that time. parking for y'all would be on the ample-sized, plowed driveway, so bring that snow brush, as the garage is realistically 1.8 cars big/small. Tabernash is not on the Winter Park shuttle routes, but you probably wouldn't have wanted to wait for those shuttles end of day anyway.

if for some reason you want to see blah listing photos from its rental ad, knock yourself out. a big salmon-colored box it is.

availability would be drop in/drop out at any time within these blocks, with the missing weeks being ones that it'll be rented out for. we don't need to be around if midweek is your thing.

Dec 5 - Dec 16
Jan 9 - Feb 10
Feb 21 - Mar 17

attn @Westy @Nick @Full Trucker @stoney @JohnE @Pesqueeb + the other coastal ice/slush/"snow" sliding crew

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
kidwoo can operate the snowblower and berate the neigbors.
I don't even have a snowblower up there

deck gets shoveled by hand. and the driveway gets cleared by a dude in an F-350 with a big plow

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Nice, yo. Love it.

The Fraser valley is also home to miles and miles and miles of mountain bike trails. Lift served, cross county, high country, all sort of stuff. @Toshi would you have reservations and/or what might your appetite be for “partially hosting” a summertime Monkeyfest? Sorta like what they do up at the Kingdom Trails?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nice, yo. Love it.

The Fraser valley is also home to miles and miles and miles of mountain bike trails. Lift served, cross county, high country, all sort of stuff. @Toshi would you have reservations and/or what might your appetite be for “partially hosting” a summertime Monkeyfest? Sorta like what they do up at the Kingdom Trails?
I definitely can block off time if there's an organized thing. we just don't have our default family-use blocks running the whole time a la the winter so just needs to be planned.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Nice, yo. Love it.

Where are we going to find that much Jello and lube in Fraser Valley? :confused:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm kinda thinking a proper Monkeyfest would be a '25 thing, plenty of time to figure out something that out of state folks could plan to attend. Maybe we'll take a "planning" discussion to a PM thread?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm kinda thinking a proper Monkeyfest would be a '25 thing, plenty of time to figure out something that out of state folks could plan to attend. Maybe we'll take a "planning" discussion to a PM thread?

You really think all of us will still be alive then?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Nice, yo. Love it.

I could be very easily convinced to attend this. . . Ok, talked me into it. I’m in.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
do you know what's a great activity to lower your blood pressure? :think:
Petting a dog?

Because it sure as shit ain’t planning a Monkeyfest. But if you fuckers wanna figure out a date and some logistics with Toshi and make something happen, I can 90% guarantee I’ll drive the van up there with Teh Spousal Unit™ and The Cartel™ and ride with y’all.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like your optimism that you'll make it to the airport.
Changed flights to depart from Eagle. Rest of family going through DFW but I am still going through Denver.

Being stuck in an airport is better than being stuck on I-70 surrounded by full size SUVs with Texas plates